Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage door opener circuitry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuteo

Hi everybody!
I always want to understand how the garage opener works. Could some body explain so I can get it? If possible please show the circuit diagram of the motor so I can understand more! Please!!!please!!! and please .

Thanks

In general it consists of this:

An RF remote transmitter that transmits a digitally coded signal.

An RF receiver receives and decodes the RF signal. If the digital codes matches its internal setting than it applies a voltage to a relay the powers the garage door motor.

The relay is a alternate action type so the one application of the signal opens the door and the next application of the signal reverses the motor to close the door.

Consider taking one apart and learning first-hand. You can probably advertise locally and get an old opener that someone is going to toss in the garbage. You'll increase your knowledge and it will bring up new questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back