Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage door opener internal harness wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy80

I have a chamberlain rjo20 garage door opener and I was curious if I can change the wiring internally to have the opener rotation switched from the factory wiring. The reason being that I have a drum system on the door that winds the opposite direction. Can I change the up/down buttons so they turn the opposite direction by just changing the two wires in the harness and what two are they?

If it's the type with an AC motor, two of the wires from that should go to a capacitor and relay contacts.
A third motor wire is the common return.

Just exchange the two that go to the capacitor and relay(s).

This shows the generic outline of that style of reversing motor setup:

CWgp0.png

Your other features are going to be reversed also, photo cell block , door obstruction detection etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back