Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Futurlec order experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IN STOCK indication on the website would be more meaningful if they processed the order ASAP. If your order sits in a queue for too long what you ordered may go out of stock prior to shipping. They need to get with the program and fill their orders the same day the come in.

Yeah, I can definitly say from experiance that 'in stock' doesn't mean anything on Futurlec. My first order to them all items were 'in stock' and it took a month to get it. One of the items that was "in stock" is STILL awaiting short ship, probably another two or three weeks.

Sceadwian said:
Yeah, I can definitly say from experiance that 'in stock' doesn't mean anything on Futurlec. My first order to them all items were 'in stock' and it took a month to get it. One of the items that was "in stock" is STILL awaiting short ship, probably another two or three weeks.

I have been on short ship status for awhile. About a month! :confused:

It's the most important item on my list, but it's only ONE of the items on my list =) I'll settle for basic RS232 data untilll I get the USB module that allows higher bit rates. By the time I need the USB module that's still short, I'll likley end up getting it.

I placed an order with Futurlec today. Connectors were about 1/3 the going rate and waiting a month would not cause great problems.

Even Stranger
Last nite I places a Newark order for 50 ea of about 50 different resistor values in the 0805 package. With the resistors and few other parts the order came out to just over $52.

This AM I had automated mail that had the order total at $88. Upon checking I found that the resistors which had been listed for $0.004 had been charged at $0.017.

It turned out that due to some mistake my account had been affiliated with Sandia National Labs and I was getting a very sweet deal. The Newark people were nice enough to ship this lot at the contract price.
It was good while it lasted.

Well against my better judgment I placed another order. I had no choice due to the parts I require are so much cheaper at this site. The order was placed yesterday 1 Aug 07 (The quote was for a delivery of 1-2 wks) :( :( :(
Lets see if I get better results this time around.

I place a Futurlec order on July 22, got an E-mail couple of days ago saying it should arrive 7-10 days. Figure early next week sometime, usually about two weeks. I've only ordered components, and nothing exotic. Never had a problem or long wait.

I am thinking maybe it is OK to order from these people if you keep the order size down and stay away from the more expensive parts. The order I place in mid June was filled without problem.

Possibly specify no back order if they have such a thing.

Their price on connectors and LCDs are hard to beat.

My customer service experiance was beyond negative, and I'm not overly picky so long as I get prompt responces with information (1-2 days responces from a person that has actually reviewed my order) I was given incorrent information on three occasions, and my average wait for a responce was 3 days. This all from an item that was (and still is) listed as 'in stock' on the web site. "USBMOD2"

Sceadwian said:
My customer service experiance was beyond negative, and I'm not overly picky so long as I get prompt responces with information (1-2 days responces from a person that has actually reviewed my order) I was given incorrent information on three occasions, and my average wait for a responce was 3 days. This all from an item that was (and still is) listed as 'in stock' on the web site. "USBMOD2"

Well I truly hope I can report a good experience this time around. I guess it comes down to are you willing to suffer all the crap to get cheaper parts. I wish I could find a place that had parts as cheap as they do. Anyone know of a website that sells grab bags of resistors, caps, diodes ect for cheap?

That's the reason I ordered from Futurlec in the first place, the grab bags. I'll just use Mouser or digikey or Jameco or MPJA etc.. for stuff from now on unless I can get a real price break from Futurlec. I really can't complain about my order at least what I got of it (90%), but poor customer service really chaps my nerves a lot. Even if they'd come right out and said (look your hundred dollar order is just back in the que because we have more pressing customers) I would have understood something like that, no problem =) It's the bad information and long waits for replies that bugged me. Good luck on your order, from what little I've heard from forum members here delays are common, but the delay I had on mine was rare.

Well to my surprise they took my order on the 2nd and shipped it on the 4th!!!! The delivery should be 7-10 days. If none of the parts are missing then its an A+ from me. :D

Hi jj

Thanks for the link. That looks almost too good to be true. I'll check them out.

Just checked my bank account, it shows Futurlec making an extra 1.72 charge. I wrote them yesterday and have yet to receive a response. So here we go again with the bull sh!@ service :mad:

Finally got to pick up my order, Post Office held things up. Placed the order July 22, got the package notice Friday, August 10. Closer to three weeks this time, but the post office gave me a re-deliver notice, but didn't. Had to stand in line.

Got everything I ordered. Will check my bank statement extra close and see if they tack on an extra charge, never noticed on before.

I have only ordered from jameco (love jameco so much!), and my recent phone order glitched and it was never sent in. I called about it, and they helped me with it, and gave me free nextday shipping for my troubles. AWESOME. All these parts are for my binary clock, which should be up and hopefully running by the end of this week.

Bryan76 said:
Well to my surprise they took my order on the 2nd and shipped it on the 4th!!!! The delivery should be 7-10 days. If none of the parts are missing then its an A+ from me. :D

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT. I should have not ordered from FUTURLEC!!!!

Well as of now it has taken 21 days to make a 7-10 day delivery. Futurlec made an extra charge on my account on 6 Aug, and turned around and said they didn't. Now the US postal service is saying the tracking number that Futurlec provided doesn't exist. Futurlec emailed me and said that I need to research the problem with the post office. The post office says that FUTURLEC not me needs to contact them since they sent the package.

I was a fool to think this would work. So now I am out $40 and no parts! I will bet that this issue drags out for months

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

How can these guys stay in buisness with such a bad reputation and customer service?????

I've never had to deal with customer service, and have ordered from the quite a few times. My last one took 19 days, plus another 3 days sitting in the post office. Never ordered anything exotic (keep forgetting to order some RF modules though). My last order was 30 AVR chips, and 4 LCD modules ($78). It came from Thailand. Don't think the post office has a simple tracking service, so might not be much Futurlec can do once it's out of their hands. I hate using the US postal service for anything. My mailman won't leave any packages at my door, whether it needs a signature or not, so I have to go a wait in line to pick them up.

HarveyH42 said:
I've never had to deal with customer service, and have ordered from the quite a few times. My last one took 19 days, plus another 3 days sitting in the post office. Never ordered anything exotic (keep forgetting to order some RF modules though). My last order was 30 AVR chips, and 4 LCD modules ($78). It came from Thailand. Don't think the post office has a simple tracking service, so might not be much Futurlec can do once it's out of their hands. I hate using the US postal service for anything. My mailman won't leave any packages at my door, whether it needs a signature or not, so I have to go a wait in line to pick them up.

My shipment was from Thailand as well. The post office does have a tracking system. As for the mailman, mine always lets me know about a package with a notice slip in my box. My wife works for a electronics distributor and says that they alway research shipping errors. I was not pleased that futurlec has my money and wasn't ready to help me out. "I should research the problem with the post office" they said. I think they should extend a helping hand, especially since they have screwed me now for the 2nd time in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back