Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

Solar Tesla.jpg

Something not quite right here?

View attachment 138118
Ouch!!

Reminds me of a tumble drier we delivered - the customer had moved back from America, and her son had bought her a huge commercial Samsung tumble drier - which as it's commercial comes without a plug, as it needs considerably more than 13A, and has to be wired directly in a special circuit.

Anyway, her son somehow managed to fit a 13A plug on the very thick cable, resulting in both the plug and socket melting.

We delivered a new proper domestic one, and were asked to take the brand new commercial one away and dispose of it.

9mm-clips-box-shells.jpg

I like the HV line on insulated standoffs going around those meters. Some form of "protection" from people climbing to bypass the meter?

Not really a 'funny' image, but I thought interesting enough to post. The picture just turned back up on Facebook, from 9 years ago. It's my daughter stood on the top of Crackcliffe Rocks - the 'interesting' part is the small building just visible at the mid right. For those who remember the excellent film "The Princess Bride" this was where the first scenes were filmed, at the small farm where Buttercup lived.

The old derelict barn that was there was restored (it's derelict again now), and a thatched cottage was 'planted' - I say 'planted' because while it looked incredibly realistic if you went inside it was moulded from fibreglass :D It was left there after the film, and was still there many years later - but has now long since disappeared.

crackcliffe.jpg

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back