Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

Well, more of a read than a picture........

Attachments

• New Element.jpg
    New Element.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
I've been wondering how "self drive" would handle bad drivers. I'm guessing in the future the "self drive" car will record the incident and report it (you) to the police. Should be all sorts of fun.

Mike.

I need a clock like that.

JimB

It's funny how the Scots have got this reputation for bagpipes? - when they are fairly common place over much of Europe. In the UK alone, Irish pipers are very common - and Germany, The Netherlands, etc. are full of pipers, pipe bands, and even lot's of heavy metal pipe bands :D

Even my Dutch son-in-law is a piper, and while he's got Scottish pipes (along with kilt, sporran etc.) he mostly plays Uilleann pipes (Irish) as Scottish pipes aren't very musical, and are intended for taking in to battle.

I much prefer Irish pipes, the drone is just horrible.

Mike.
As my son-in-law Mike says, Scottish Pipes are for battle, not for music :D

Apparently he's now bought some 'goat' bagpipes - I can't remember what country they are from?, but Poland, Slovakia, somewhere that way? - most of them seem to do such things. Basically it's an entire goat skin, with pipes stuck in various orifices :D - he's struggling a bit because of the lung power required to fill such a huge instrument.

As for drones, my daughter plays Hurdy Gurdy (among many other instruments), and those have drone strings - so have a 'similar' sound to bagpipes - however, you can hook those strings out of the way, and turn the drone off. Apparently the Hurdy Gurdy was the original basis for many modern instruments. including bagpipes and piano.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back