Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

2-8d17a45c2f.jpg

271719257_10159920337939078_4992910772020152029_n.jpg

Sorry, don't understand your point. Are you saying the JWT is a scam? And, how is that funny?

Mike.

Pommie. There is no point! (Did you notice the two old guys reflected in the B4 segment?)

Two old guys who've spent the last 20+ years working on the JWST are "out-of-shot having a craffty smoke cos they are now going to retire. It amused me.

The two guys in the B4 segment don't look like reflections. Sorry still don't see the funny side.

Mike.

Are you saying the JWT is a scam?
I gotta ask; why would you think that I thought that the JWST was a scam?

Given that its up there, fully deployed with nary a glitch and enough fue for 20+years.

(You're reaction has me completely non plus'd.)

I gotta ask; why would you think that I thought that the JWST was a scam?
Because you wrote:- "All good scams come to an end."

And in Australia, a "scam" is most usually interpreted as a 'bad thing'.

I know what you actually meant, down here that would be more 'bunking off', 'taking the micky', 'sticking it to the boss' or one of several other local euphemisms for doing something you shouldn't.

And here's the same image without the Photo-shopped inserts.
tele-e1478175759192.jpg

Last edited:

And in Australia, a "scam" is most usually interpreted as a 'bad thing'.

I know what you actually meant, down here that would be more 'bunking off', 'taking the micky', 'sticking it to the boss' or one of several other local euphemisms for doing something you shouldn't.

View attachment 135626

That's what happens when someone with no sense of humor tries to be funny. :)

So the '"scam" must refer to the JWST -- flying, deployed, hailed as an engineering marval -- and not to the incongruity of two old guys caught "reflected" in its mirror, puffing on cigars, in a clean room!

I can't remember whether it was Viz magazine or one of its long dead contemporaries that ran a series of current, often political, images with crudely drawn characters popping up saying something related but bizarre. But I guess that was a different era.

And this where the two olds guys came from.

Last edited:
So the '"scam" must refer to the JWST
I asked the question (note the question mark) because you appeared to imply it was a scam. I think the James Webb is an engineering marvel and I'm looking forward to the first images later this year.

Mike.

I think the James Webb is an engineering marvel and I'm looking forward to the first images later this year.
Ditto.

Indeed, it was while I was searching for hard dimensional data to use whilst exploring the mechanical design of that marvel:
1642592220095.png

And speculating about the mechanical design of possible replacements for it:
1642592755434.png

That I happened to notice that in all the many, many pictures of the Webb mirror I'd viewed, I'd never once seen anyone reflected in it. Nor mostly, any thing recognisible.

So, then the notion crossed my mind, "what are they hiding"? Who or what is behind the camera that they have been so careful to avoid showing. And the (apparently non-) joke was born in my mind.

I never for a moment expected your reaction.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back