Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

This is a do it yourself plumbing forum ... right ?

Kysv7Sc.jpg

zEQovk2.jpg

zeqovk2-jpg.117638

Reminds me of many of the schematics drawn by newbies and students using a schematic drawing program.

JimB

^^ Or the first run-through of the PCB auto-router. :)

Also reminds me of what feels like the 2-fricken-hour "scouting" route taken by the wife, during our weekly shop at the grocery store, before we actually put a single thing into the cart (trolley).

Also reminds me of what feels like the 2-fricken-hour "scouting" route taken by the wife, during our weekly shop at the grocery store, before we actually put a single thing into the cart (trolley).
You have my sympathies on that.
The late Mrs JimB always knew what she wanted and where to find it in the supermarket, and realised that I often hated going shopping and understood if I waited in the car.

JimB

So I exaggerated a little in the last post, but that's what it feels like when compared to how us guys actually go shopping, as SB notes.
We don't pick up soups and read the whole ingredients list on the labels, then put it back.
We don't move 2 feet down the aisle and pick up an almost-identical product, read that label, then go back and pick up the first again, to compare......then put both back.
We don't move on to another product section, rinse & repeat, then go back to the soup we first picked up and put that in the trolley.

We know what we want......
Chili tonight - any packet of ground beef, any tin of kidney beans, any tin of crushed tomatoes, any packet of chili seasoning & some rice - brown/white, doesn't really matter.
In & out in 5 minutes.

However, if we're putting together an order for components, that's a completely different matter. :eek:

Not quite an image, but you can picture this in your head.....

Three young guys out on a motorcycle ride get stopped by the police, who are checking for warrants.
All 3 guys have warrants outstanding, so choose to use false names on the spot.
Cop to 1st guy: "What's your name?".
1st guy: "John."
Cop: "John what?"
1st guy looks around the street... "Macy".
Cop looks up his warrant sheet and clears "John Macy" to go.
Cop to 2nd guy: "What's your name?".
2nd guy: "James".
Cop: "James what?"
2nd guy looks around the street... "McDonald".
Cop looks up his warrant sheet and clears "James McDonald" to go.
Cop to 3rd guy: "What's your name?".
3rd guy: "Ken".
Cop: "Ken what?"
3rd guy looks around the street... "tucky-fried-chicken".

:)

Mickster

So what's the moral of the story?
Own your mistakes in life and suffer the consequences, or end up like "Ken the fool" who now has an Instagram channel with 2 million followers, because someone uploaded his arrest video to Snapchat and countless brain-dead zombies clicked 'like', because Ken is some kind of 'social justice warrior'.
Ken couldn't handle the fame and covered himself with marinara, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onions and black olives, and subsequently suffocated. Tomorrow's newspaper will report that Ken "Topped himself in a most-supreme fashion" whilst also reporting that there is no inheritance available to money-grubbing family members, because he left everything to his cat.

His cat can be seen on Icanhascheeseburger.com for 19.95 per month.

The tale of the pregnant laptop

Some months ago, a customer asked me if I could recover some files from their office computer, which had stopped working; I said OK, no problem as long as the drive is not damaged.

They arrived with an Apple Macbook Pro which was massively swollen and pregnant-looking; the screen was twisted where it latched to the body due to the keyboard looking like it was about to explode and the underside had a dramatic bulge near the centre!

It turned out they had used it as a desktop machine and it had never been disconnected from external power since they bought it some years ago.

The battery was somewhat unhappy with that treatment....
After managing to pry the latch open, the photos below show what it looked like
(It's only supposed to be the thickness of the plastic frame)

Unfortunately I was too bothered about the damage being done to the computer to take any photos before removing the battery.

Moral: Do not leave laptops permanently on charge!
Ideally, use them and keep the average battery state about 50% for maximum overall battery life. Never leave at 100% or empty for any significant time.

View media item 31
View media item 32
View media item 33

Moral: Do not leave laptops permanently on charge!
Ideally, use them and keep the average battery state about 50% for maximum overall battery life. Never leave at 100% or empty for any significant time.

Not really true, the ONLY reason it was like that was because it was faulty, there's no issue using a laptop permanently plugged in the mains, the charging electronics takes care of any issues - as long as it's not faulty!.

I would imagine, looking at that, that Apple could well cover it under warranty (no matter how old it is), as it's a serious fault and potential safety issue.

the charging electronics takes care of any issues - as long as it's not faulty!.
Sorry, that is just wrong, long-term.
The charging system only prevents over-charge, it does not prevent the battery from aging and degrading over time.

Lithium batteries degrade fastest when held at full charge.
Heat (as in a working laptop) accelerates the degradation dramatically.

See table 3 here:

I've several times seen a brand new battery degrade to not holding any charge at all within a year or less, in laptops that are permanently powered or nearly so.
By comparison, in my own laptops where I'm very careful with charge state, two machines have batteries well over five years old and still good battery life.

With the one in the photos, after several years continuous power (roughly eight years, from what I gather), the battery is not going to be just dead, it will be totally wrecked and probably shoring internally, so cooking itself..

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back