• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

That reminds me of some stuff I saw on an Air Cadets book stall at the last Finningley air show - surplus military manuals, including such gems as the "Improvised Munitions handbook", giving full details of how to make such as as demolition charges, shaped cutting charges, grenades etc. from scavenged materials...

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
This is an actual vintage Snap-On oscilloscope from the late '50s. Who was the genius in the marketing department that came up with this one?

Snap-On Scope.jpg

JimB

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Who was the genius in the marketing department that came up with this one?
It could even have been an engineer with a wicked sense of humour.

I once had a specification which asked for a piece of test equipment which was described as a "Function And Response Tester".
Needles to say, when the job was actually built the more conventional description for that piece of equipment was used.

On another project that I came across after it was completed, a supplementary hydraulic reservoir had been maliciously named as "Auxiliary Reservoir Supply Extension".
This name survived all the way through the project and into the final documentation.

JimB

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
On another project that I came across after it was completed, a supplementary hydraulic reservoir had been maliciously named as "Auxiliary Reservoir Supply Extension"....
Joke would be lost on most Yanks. Over here it would have to be "Auxiliary Supply Source".

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles