Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

My worst two experiences when coming back home after completing some work in a vessel:

As a consequence of a desperate swerve at high speed, landing in a deep pothole where my four tires ended flat. Took me long hours to reach home, with no car, tired and certainly angry with life.

Driving in the night with one truck on my right, both at about 120 Km/h, I noticed that a car ahead of me, managed to dodge something I couldn't distinguish (nor avoid either) until it was right against me: the safety ring of a truck, rolling at high speed, hit me on my left light and destroyed part of the hood. Good luck got the ring ejected to the left side of the road without compromising the drive train. My worst recollection of all that: the insurance inspector trying to repair, not change!! the hood (an incredible acordeon).

That incident costed dearly.

My worst two experiences when coming back home after completing some work in a vessel:

As a consequence of a desperate swerve at high speed, landing in a deep pothole where my four tires ended flat. Took me long hours to reach home, with no car, tired and certainly angry with life.

Driving in the night with one truck on my right, both at about 120 Km/h, I noticed that a car ahead of me, managed to dodge something I couldn't distinguish (nor avoid either) until it was right against me: the safety ring of a truck, rolling at high speed, hit me on my left light and destroyed part of the hood. Good luck got the ring ejected to the left side of the road without compromising the drive train. My worst recollection of all that: the insurance inspector trying to repair, not change!! the hood (an incredible acordeon).

That incident costed dearly.

I was talking to a (rich!!) customer a few years back, and he had been in a serious accident where two youngsters in a (presumably stolen?) speeding car hit him. Luckily, he was in a top end Mercedes, and was told for that reason alone he survived the crash, although he spent a considerable time in Hospital.

He expected the seriously damaged car to be written off, but the insurance repaired it instead against his wishes - and when he got it back it didn't even drive properly, and he wasn't pleased. He complained to the Mercedes dealership, to be told it was perfect - so he asked how much they would give him for it, against buying a brand new Mercedes. He was then told that they wouldn't take the car in exchange, as it had been too badly damaged. Dual standards me thinks? :D

So he told them there and then, he would NEVER buy a Mercedes again (and he was a very good customer for them), and went away and bought a top-end Range Rover instead, and continues to have Range Rovers to this day.

Last edited:
1626612602855.png

1627346048665.png

"A bit of artwork on the garage doors to confuse the neighbours"

217488261_1983208021855550_1411108910672129634_n.jpg

130943209_2889626598030388_7294744148702911576_n.jpg

Ranch style
$3,500 / Month
in Portland, Oregon

apache.jpg

isitsafe.png

1630282444137.png