Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full wave rectifier from a wall wart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh thanks Hero!

Yeah forumlicker i was thinking about that one but hero's one has a single pot to control both voltages which is more convinent for what im doing, looks like he has put alot more work in to make it a nice clean supply too.... plus he has supplied the pcb art work on another thread which makes my life much easier.

Hero any chance i could get a copy of the art work with the components on it as i cant quite place a few of them.

Most of the wall power packs I have taken apart that had a center tap transformer used a half bridge design for the rectification. They still were the standard two wire cord.
Allthough I have takes several medical application ones apart. They all had a three or four wire cords with one of the spare wires as a ground.
The four wire ones I have found had two wires for a AC output and the third was the DC output. The fourth wire wa sthe ground and the DC return line going to both the center tap and the ground.

That makes sense.

The centre tapped transformer plus two diodes is just a biphase full wave rectifier.

The medical wallwart is probably really expensive and specifically designed for the device powered by it.

The voltage doubler circuit I posted is designed for an AC wallwart unit, not just the transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back