Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full power burning portable laser: 6 x 650nm x 3.7li-ion - will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasinglions

Hello electronics forum members, i hope you are doing well,
I have been trying to build a laser for some time now. i first started off by buying 6 lithium ion ultrafire 18650's, rated at 3.7v at 2400mah, I then went about attempting to buy 200mw laser diodes so as to collamate them together.

this is where i am stuck? here is a picture of what i am trying to do - the aim is to have built a pretty cool laser-burning pointer the size of a remote.
i am using an old disposed of laptop battery.
here is a picture. I have all the tools needed to complete this - but for the laser diodes and the question of how to collamate them together,

picture:
**broken link removed**

Ummm...you are going to damage your eyes with that thing. ANy laser strong enough to burn anything will damage your eyes if you shine it on a dull, unshiny surface and look at the surface. You won't need to shiny directly into your eyes, or even a shiny surface.

Did I also mention it's illegal to have an uncertified, class IV laser? In fact, I think any unenclosed Class IV (ie. burning) laser is illegal...military R&D excluded.

Think now...planes pilots, car drivers, houses, trees, passerbyers...etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back