Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSB... Bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marks256 said:
Is there a such thing as an optical transistor?
They're working on it...as well as some non-silicon transistor that inherently switches about 20 times faster and uses 10s of times less power (I forget how much).

I wouldn't go for a bragging rights laptop...no one cares lol. I've seen people do that and no one really cares after the first week. Just get a good desktop and a cheap laptop- when you're in class, it doesn't matter. Even if you're playing games in class, you'd more than satisified with a cheap laptop because...well...you're in class!

Once the optical transistor has been perfected, then an optical computer may not be so far fetched... unless they do in fact rebuild the architecture to current "standards"... or at least what should be the NEW standards...

I isn't the bragging rights toward other people, it is the sense of "Ha ha, my computer is better.... :D".... Also, i like to have powerful machines. Personally, if i excluded gaming, i could settle for a 900MHz to 1GHz computer, and be happy. I like to have WAY more power than i need....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back