Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency detection circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

minu.grg

I have a signal with 5MHz frequency sine wave as input. I have to make a beep sound, whenever the frequency reduces to below 4.8 MHz. How can i do this using simple circuits? Anyone please help me. Is that possible using op-amp.

Also can u send a 5MHz crystal oscillator circuit diagram using opamp with the design.

Also can u send a 5MHz crystal oscillator circuit diagram using opamp with the design.
a regular voltage feedback opamp will not work at 5Mhz, you need to use a current feedback (CFB) op amp... it's simpler to use a CMOS hex inverter as the oscillator. the output of an oscillator using a 4049 is going to be a square wave, but a low pass filter can be used to shape it into a sine wave. the output of the oscillator is monitored by a phase locked loop, and the control voltage for the VCO will be proportional to the input frequency. feed the control voltage into a comparator, and when it passes the threshold equivalent to the PLL operating at 4.8Mhz, the comparator triggers the alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back