Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
I mentioned this in another thread the other week, but I'd thought I'd try it one more time on it's own!.

I've been given an old Tektronix 546 oscilloscope, I don't know if it works - but it does light up. It's currently at my work address in Matlock, Derbyshire, England - if anyone would like to fetch it, they can take it away for nothing. However, it is SERIOUSLY LARGE AND HEAVY, an absolute monster!.

If there's no interest, it's off to land fill!.

I've also got two Datalab Transient Recorders, I can't say I know much about them - but if anyone is interested in paying something for them, I'm open to offers. If not, I'm going to strip them, they are absolutely full of TTL chips, heatsinks etc. - all sorts of nice bits :lol: which is why I won't give them away free.

I have also one here in Greece / Thessaloniki...

If anyone interested to pick it up PM me.

Mike

I also have a 546, bought at a yard sale for $25 with cart, 3 plug-ins and probes. It need some work, I thought I might fix it one day. I mentioned to the seller that it cost the same as a Volkswagon Bug when new & someone said " oh, that why Volkswagon is on the side!". There was the Volkswagon script, taken from a bug and attached to the vent holes on the side.

Just an update to let you know! - the scope didn't end up in landfill!.

I found a friend to take it, and he contacted Tektronix, they arranged collection of it, and it's now in the Tektronix museum in Germany!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back