Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forum dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About two weeks ago I wrote:

In the intervening period I have come to the conclusion that ETO is in danger of just blowing itself apart due to petty squabbling.

Much of this squabbling appears to be caused by inconsistent and over zealous [something which may not be discussed].

JimB

hi Jim,

The root cause of all the petty squabbling is due to 3 members who seem unable or unwilling to stop being critical regarding moderation of their own posts.

They are aware of the rules on this matter but choose to ignore the private requests made to them from Administration and Moderation to refrain.

Its unfortunate that such a small number of members seem to consider they are not subject to the rules and have some form of diplomatic immunity and are able to post insulting and offence remarks and not be disciplined, what their personal agenda's are, heaven knows.

Eric

Look here:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/anyone-up-for-a-spring-contest-here.116101/

Tcmtech* offered an oscilloscope as a prize.
Electromaster offered to cover the cost of shipping.
Everybody else sat around arguing about form of the competition, how to judge the competition, when the competition should take place, etc.........

I guess that is why we don't have competitions anymore.

* Currently sitting on the "naughty step" for whatever reason.
I have my suspicions.

JimB

The view of what is going on is much different for moderators.

After running a few contests my conclusion is that there is not enough interest.

A young member with the name souperman became a moderator at the same time. He was bullied to the point he quit ETO. That kid is now in his 2nd or 3rd year at a prestigous EE uni and has an internship with Bosch.

The person who bullied him is still here and still the subject of moderation!
Read that as insulting others, insulting entire races of people, and still driving people away.

Ditto, 3v0, I couldn't agree more.

And I'm gonna take a chance here...

3V0 said:
The person who bullied him is still here and still the subject of moderation!

How is it that this bully is still allowed to post ???

My first or second post got me slammed (publicly) for just musing that a thread "may have" gone a bit off topic (I didn't fully understand what moderator "realms of sensitivities" included).

I thought, "Wow. Touchy group...", better watch my butt.

And yet the histrionics and blatant racism of this guy goes unchallenged, undiminished and DOES NOT speak for the rest of us but DOES taint us all with the same reek.

So, again, Ditto, 3v0.

Copernicus called, ETO is not the center of our world. Some peeps just need to get a life.

My first or second post got me slammed (publicly) for just musing that a thread "may have" gone a bit off topic (I didn't fully understand what moderator "realms of sensitivities" included).

I thought, "Wow. Touchy group...", better watch my butt.

Hi CBB,
Your first post/s where Oct 2011 , almost a year ago.

And yet the histrionics and blatant racism of this guy goes unchallenged, undiminished and DOES NOT speak for the rest of us but DOES taint us all with the same reek.

Could you link me to a post where the person in question has misbehaved with histrionics and blatant racism in the last 2 months or so.??

Eric

Last edited:
I would like to second that sentiment about [something which may not be discussed] JimB. I'm sure there are others that no longer care (whom are elsewhere not worrying about this petty squabbling) and those that can not actively participate currently due to the actions of [something which may not be discussed] that may be able to add their opinion that because of the [something which may not be discussed] are not able to.

Last edited:
Yeah Nigel has real gift at making people feel welcome. Borders on disrespectful and for sure not in the spirit of the forum.

I don't have a problem with Nigel, I've interacted with him on forums since the days when a RE-programmable PIC was big news! I have a lot of respect for Nigel's opinion, his library of work helping others and for him not being afraid to speak his mind.

I merely put my hand up confessing to the sorry crime of being the person who started this ugly mess. :)

Apparently he has never stomped on one of your threads.

Perhaps he's never posted a thread that needed 'stomping' on :D

However, I don't 'stomp' on specific 'peoples' threads, only on the threads themselves - I never even notice who's thread it might be, that's of no relevance at all. So I wouldn't have the slightest idea if I've moderated one of his threads, or indeed one of yours?.

Years ago I tried several times to get intellectual discussions going only to have you say something that stopped them dead in their tracks. It is a sore point with me.

Perhaps you hadn't noticed this is a ELECTRONICS board :D

Presumably the threads were causing, or likely to cause, problems? - whilst dealing with hundreds of spam posts a day the last thing you need is someone deliberately stirring up trouble in the the Lounge.

[MODNOTE]Deleted Off Topic[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back