Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

for trumpet players: buzzer for 3 lights in any combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpianalto

I'm trying to build a buzzer system for two trumpet players to compete to see who can buzz in the correct fingering for a given note...

the buzzer will need to have three lights to show the moderator if the fingering is correct and a buzzer to show who buzzed in first...

it should also be able to display no lights for a fingering with nothing down or maybe a different light (color or whatever) that shows this selection?

i have someone that can build it if i can get a diagram...this is for a graduate school project so i need this very fast... thanks!

my email: tenorjazz@sbcgobal.net

Last edited:
I won't do your homework for you, but here are some hints:
Look into the 74HC85, 74HCT85 or 74LS85. You'll need 2.
Look into debounce circuits.
I don't know what the curriculum is, but you may be able to use a microcontroller and do it all with a single chip.

it has nothing to do with electonics... it's a music degree... i need to hook up trumpet valves to this system... if i had a diagram, with some help of a friend i can build this... i have no experience building circuits... so i need help with this part... it won't be considered doing my homework... :) thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back