Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For all those student Muhatmas needing a final year project:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The animation highly suggests 1980's era perhaps? :confused:

The animation highly suggests 1980's era perhaps? :confused:

I think it's possible your right I found this in the wiki pages : Excerpt

During the monkey-manned spaceflights of the 1960s, one rocket veered off course, sending a chimp named Charlie off into the outer reaches of space. After many years, Charlie’s craft was discovered by the most intelligent race in the universe,

This means in it's inception the author could have concluded the date as contemporary or according to the time of it's origination. So, possibly 20 yrs to reach syndication. It could also be in the 70's as well, it does look very dated.

Still Good though:)

Last edited:
As over sensitive and easily offended as some people here are I dont want to get too far out on a new avatar look. :(
After all how many others have had to get different avatars now because some self riotous over opinionated do gooders complained because they found something offensive about someones picture? :rolleyes:
That's the problem with this world - too many thin-skinned people. They'll be the ones with degrees in Humanities! Oops! Now I've gone and done it.... I prolly got a journalism or women's studies major upset and in a tivvy. Leave it to some left-wingnuts to create a college degree in Women's Studies!

Killivolt - don't worry about hijacking my thread -- it doesn't bother me. It's good to see conversations continue despite what they might morph to.

That's the problem with this world - too many thin-skinned people. They'll be the ones with degrees in Humanities! Oops! Now I've gone and done it.... I prolly got a journalism or women's studies major upset and in a tivvy. Leave it to some left-wingnuts to create a college degree in Women's Studies!

Killivolt - don't worry about hijacking my thread -- it doesn't bother me. It's good to see conversations continue despite what they might morph to.

Me too! Especially in the ****-Chat.

I'm trying hard not to do it elsewhere unless it gets ridiculous already. Then I'll start adding some poop.
305-poopy.gif

A little bit of trivia, triggered by killivolts animated "pooping horse".
A horse can excrete "solids" whilst on the move, but must stand still in order to urinate.
How do I know this? a "horsey person" once told me.

JimB

Heres another one from someone who grew up around horses as well.
An average horse poops around 10 - 12 times its own weight a year. :eek:
I know because I have to spend a week on a tractor cleaning it up every spring. 40 horses = around 200+ tons of manure.:(

I laughed when I first saw it in another thread.

tcmtech said:
40 horses = around 200+ tons of manure.:(

So, maybe as the horse is fleeing away from predators it's either a deterrent or a message.

Letting everyone know their scared sh........less. :p

But, I can see the advantage of loosing some weight in lieu of speed.:D

Sheesh! This thread really morphed... and now to the topic of horse poop??

Our local vet told me one time that you can tell if something is wrong with a horse just by how it poops.

I said really? How do you tell?
He said; Simple, if a horse isn't pooping then something is wrong with it!:D

So you have spent time around horses too then?:D

Yep, dad and brother full on Cowboy. My brother rides like he's in the late 1800's looks like it too! His saddle is a 100yrs old for real.

All of his tack and leather is hand done and re-done. One day I saw him come out of the mist looked like he escaped time.

Dead horses are no fun, especially when you have to move them.

Last edited:
now the thread has morphed into floggin a dead horse........ Really due to the forum subject if any animal is included shouldn't it be the elephant.

skit from an old program 'it aint 1/2 hot mum' 'You ruddy fool........ I can't find my elephant'........

We could discuss cows or Brahma bulls since that's the revered animal in that part of the world. Maybe, even Cobras too!

Dead horses are no fun, especially when you have to move them.
That's why farmers/ranchers have tractors or skid steerers on the property. Any other less conventional method would be nuts, and disrespectful of the carcass.

That depends on the horse. If it was one of the good old family work horses that was loved by everybody then yes its very disrespectful and will always get a proper burial. I have had to do it many times. :(

But if it was one of those naturally mean, bad tempered, dumber than what it left in piles behind it types I have no problem tyeing the tow rope into a noose and dragging it by it neck out into the hills to be coyote bate. I have done that a few times as well. :D
I would still do it with one or two we have around the farm, even if it they are not dead, if given the right circumstances.:rolleyes:
Spend enough time with horses and you will understand what I am talking about. ;)

I am curious as to how they handle a dead elephant without heavy machinery. Do they just bury it where it lands or do they have to cut it up into pieces and haul it away?

Maybe the locals have a recipe for Elephant ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back