Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For all those student Muhatmas needing a final year project:

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

Here's a site where you can query fellow countrymen, who can assist with your school projects. Post your question under Science or Engineering categories.

Yahoo! Answers India

Please sirs can you help me make a 555 timer based USB interface device that will take me to that web site when I blink a LED on and off three times with a photo sensor? Its for my senior year project due next week. :)

If I were from India, I think I would find this post quite offensive. It is a no wonder Americans get labeled as they do by other countries.

Here is an interesting tidbit.

electro-tech-online.com Rank By Country

Country %User Rank UNITED STATES 18.2% 48385 UNITED KINGDOM 6.0% 25405 CANADA 4.1% 14913

If I were from India, I think I would find this post quite offensive. It is a no wonder Americans get labeled as they do by other countries.

Hi Mike,
I agree with you.

I have seen a fair number of 'help me plz' posts from supposed advanced countries.:rolleyes:

IMHO any student in his final year needs to ask a Forum for project ideas, the guy/gal is in the wrong profession.

I have seen a fair number of 'help me plz' posts from supposed advanced countries.

I'm not pointing Indians, and I do feel bad for them when they're dissed. All because of grammatical silliness. However, it is their mistake when they do give such questions, as well as the rest of world.

I apologize to any Indians if they're offended by my post #3.

If I were from India,
Have you ever visited the place? I have, several times and it would not worry me if I never went back.

I think I would find this post quite offensive.
Quite possibly, but, it does reflect the reality of many posts from the sub-continent.

It is a no wonder Americans get labeled as they do by other countries.
Erm.. you guys do bring it on yourselves sometimes!
There is a tendency by those from the USA to assume that either:
Someone asking a question on a technical discussion board such this one is from the USA.
There is nothing beyond the borders of the USA.
Things in the rest of the world are exactly the same as in the USA.

Here is an interesting tidbit.

electro-tech-online.com Rank By Country...
I assume that that is the number of persons registered with ETO.

It would be interesting if there were statistics of:
The number of silly questions asked per country.
The number of sensible, technically correct answers per country.
I think the ranking would be a bit different.

On a more positive note, there are some technically competant people in India, but they are very few and far between. There are also one or two who post here on ETO.

JimB

Lol, I found this thread funny.

I looks like nothing has changed in the last five months.

Most jokes will offend one person or another.

So far no one from India has complained about this thread so what's the point of arguing about it?

The education system in India is poor compared to the US, Australia, the UK, Canada etc. so it wouldn't surprise me if they're not so many technical people in India.

Last edited:
well...sure the education system sucks but its not that bad :S. What sucks about indian education system is the 'examination process'. Too stressful, and less oriented towards practical situations :< but if you observe pretty well, US, UK, Aus are hiring indian technicians in their R&D unit.

Well, yea @ post #2: Such posts are made by lazy assmoles, who dont want to use thier brains and learn new stuffs. it doesnt mean that all students are like those moles.
Btw, indians should learn some slang by now :I

Last edited:
Btw, indians should learn some slang by now :I

I work in IT and we have MANY Indians working for us, some better than others and some I would consider good friends. Some will eat a hambuger with me and they've taken me out to some great Indian dives. One of our new database admins has just learned to cuss and it's really funny. Reminds me of Spock from Star Trek IV. Syntactically incorrect and out of context.

Lol, I found this thread funny.

I looks like nothing has changed in the last five months.

Most jokes will offend one person or another.

So far no one from India has complained about this thread so what's the point of arguing about it?

The education system in India is poor compared to the US, Australia, the UK, Canada etc. so it wouldn't surprise me if they're not so many technical people in India.
No point in arguing with hi-tech, he is too sarcastic while few Indian guys are too childish. I only fear that he would have received a pm and that worried him. After all said, his humble opinion is for good of a student, but distracting a person not to post in this form and to go to Indian Yahoo answers, is unjustified. It is for Moderators and Electromaster to deal with such things, perhaps.

But why should i obstruct his personal opinion? I f I say that many American students purchase ready spoon fed projects from Indian sources, it wont be accepted even though true. we will only be venting our heat purposeless.

If I say that many American students purchase ready spoon fed projects from Indian sources, it wont be accepted even though true. we will only be venting our heat purposeless.
Maybe some of these posters are going to resell the solution to lazy American students? LOL!

We should complain of lazy people no matter what their origin, not of those from a specific country. It seems that many have not figured out how to use a search engine such as Google to find what they need. It is probably the language barrier that prevents some non-English speaking people from being able to find the correct key words to use Google to it's full potential.

I've never been to India so I could be wrong.

From what I've heard, the educational system in India is only good if one has money but most people don't so they have to work.

There do seem to be more lazy Indian students here than other nationalities but it might be the poor English that makes them more noticeable. My theory is that there are many people in India who understandably want a quick and easy solution to their poverty, once solution is to take a course and I suspect that many take courses that are beyond their current level of ability so they resort to seeking quick answers from Internet forums.

This thread was made in jest and as usual as turned into a serious debate.

If anyone's offended then perhaps they should report it to the moderator but they should seriously consider the original poster's intentions before doing so.

Final year projects are important part of the engineering courses. They come to the site by google only. Not many people knows about ETO here, mostly students. Entering 'electronics projects free online' in google hits on ETO first.

The core problem behind is, what else they do on seeing 'Electronic circuits, projects diagrams free' ??

If you spend some time at that website, you will discover numerous requests for electronic projects as well as for explanation of e-theory. There are plenty of replies so there are knowledgeable countrymen there. I find it interesting that such a site exists. Given that, I would think a helpful resource of that type would be spread by those who it benefits the most .... there's even the option to have the pages displayed in their native language. Despite that the website is labeled as India, I would think it could benefit surrounding nations that are somewhat similar.

There do seem to be more lazy Indian students here than other nationalities but it might be the poor English that makes them more noticeable. My theory is that there are many people in India who understandably want a quick and easy solution to their poverty, once solution is to take a course and I suspect that many take courses that are beyond their current level of ability so they resort to seeking quick answers from Internet forums.

My experience in higher education indicates just the opposite. I have worked closely with numerous Indian, SriLankan, Bangladesh students and they all have done very well in their studies and graduated to successful carreers. However, to the best of my knowledge, those who majored in engineering never appeared to be clueless or helpless when it came to their final year project. A majority of them have remained here in the states, becoming naturalized and productive citizens.

I also know many lazy born-in-the USA students who are flunkies and partyers... some who barely laster a semester or two in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero999 View Post

I agree with both of you it's just Hero999 has more of them per ca-pita than we do possibly. I wouldn't know the numbers to know for sure. But, when you consider India and china totals and how many come to the states versus Britain not excuding their previous history with them I think they would have more. (We will experience possibly and influx of new Iraqi's.)

I'm Split.

On the other hand I have met a few who..... and agree with Hitech. They have done well on the other hand and who knows how many people have helped assist them to the States, knowing they might have a clear advantage and needed the development they couldn't have gotten elsewhere.

Hitech said:
My experience in higher education indicates just the opposite. I have worked closely with numerous Indian, SriLankan, Bangladesh students and they all have done very well in their studies and graduated to successful carreers. However, to the best of my knowledge, those who majored in engineering never appeared to be clueless or helpless when it came to their final year project. A majority of them have remained here in the states, becoming naturalized and productive citizens.

I also see why the post is so important ...... to help them understand something within their own language. I don't even understand electronics even when it's in mine? Why not simplify it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back