Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For all those student Muhatmas needing a final year project:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZZ killivolt you changed your avatar into another monkey? :D
I have worked closely with numerous Indian, SriLankan, Bangladesh students and they all have done very well in their studies and graduated to successful carreers. However, to the best of my knowledge, those who majored in engineering never appeared to be clueless or helpless when it came to their final year project.

Bangladeshis work hard like most expatriates do. I admire them in that sense.

In India the educational system does not give any importance to practical knowledge. I this is the main reason why students end up begging for projects. There are some very good institutions like the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) that ensure students receive exposure to the practical side of engineering, but most other institutes teach only the theory part in engineering, but the practical side is mostly ignored.

Most students in India choose engineering because its a high paying job, and not because they are interested in the field.

In India the educational system does not give any importance to practical knowledge.

Most students in India choose engineering because its a high paying job, and not because they are interested in the field.

Good comment! That explains a lot. That would be like teaching brain surgery without demonstrating the use of a trepan.

What gets me, though, is that we hear of the dire conditions in most of the world... lack of basic amenities in many places. Yet they send their brightest students to prosperous countries for an education that is... you guessed it... utilized in the prosperous country.

If the student, having gained useful knowledge, went back to the home country and used that knowledge to benefit his countrymen, would that not be of more benefit? Perhaps it does happen in a few isolated cases, but it should be mandatory stipulation of those who are footing the bill.

If the student, having gained useful knowledge, went back to the home country and used that knowledge to benefit his countrymen, would that not be of more benefit?
The problem is that in some countries there is just lack of awareness of what electronic engineers are about. so, employers might not understand that they need such people in their business. Because employment at home would be scarce + the primary intention of escaping poverty = graduate working in a foreign country.

ZZZ killivolt you changed your avatar into another monkey? :D

Some call it evolution.:)

Edit: It's what happens when you let Truth, Obedience & fear breed over time. Fear dominates truth and obedience still. General Thade is proof of that.

Last edited:
If the student, having gained useful knowledge, went back to the home country and used that knowledge to benefit his countrymen, would that not be of more benefit? Perhaps it does happen in a few isolated cases, but it should be mandatory stipulation of those who are footing the bill.

I knew a couple guy's one from Sri lanka a Scientist the other was Data Base - Network Engineer.

The Scientist was hired by a University to do Grant and Private study's for company's the Scientist was working on was a Bacteria called k12. Awarded 1 million to research a new antibiotic and k12.

The other is still here. But, the Scientist went back after the tsunami sri lanka 2004, to help rebuild his country and offer himself as a liaison officer for any funding coming in and to help insure the money and supplies are used as intended and not unduly surcharged. He's still their.

In India the educational system does not give any importance to practical knowledge. I this is the main reason why students end up begging for projects. There are some very good institutions like the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) that ensure students receive exposure to the practical side of engineering, but most other institutes teach only the theory part in engineering, but the practical side is mostly ignored.

An enlightening comment there ---- that would seem to put things in better perspective. Having come from an educational system that always included the practical application of learned subjects, I hadn't realized that part was so lacking elsewhere.

Since we are on the subject of ambition, projects, and India, this link happened to pop up within my browser:
**broken link removed**

This sine-wave output inverter looks like a fancy piece of home hi-fi gear and not the typical aluminum extruded heat sink case we often see. Look at the rest of the company's products.... pretty interesting and impressive. Well except for the page that shows "India's First Home UPS" ......I wonder why the need to make such a device look like a child's toy? It's even got plastic wheels!! That's a strange way to market a product that's to be used by adults. The company's assembly plant is nice and modern.

Attachments

• Fairy%20Queen.gif
    Fairy%20Queen.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 188
Maybe a trolley system for easy moving wherever power is needed. They usually provide trolleys with huge LA battery.

Last edited:
Your old monkeys where cute and friendly looking.:)

Your new one rather reminds me of how I feel most mornings when I get out of bed.
Rather in the mood to rip someones arm off and beat them with it because I can! :eek:

Your old monkeys where cute and friendly looking.:)

Your new one rather reminds me of how I feel most mornings when I get out of bed.
Rather in the mood to rip someones arm off and beat them with it because I can! :eek:

Sorry about the reminder. Warn us when you jump out of bed to the computer :eek:

I'll lend you the avatar if you feel like you need too! It'll give everybody warning.:D

I thought the close up of my F-250 Super duty and personal licence plate was a good indicator that I am very close to running down anyone who gets in my way and that I want them to know exactly who did it too!:D

Maybe I need to do some avatar updating soon as well. I have been thinking about it. :)

If you think your avatar is supposed to scare me, let me show you my latest toy:

Now that we have Hijacked the thread.

You probably could, everyone else did. Thing is you can still go back if everyone seems to disapprove.

What the heck is that ? Train mounted rock crusher ?

Train mounted snow blower!

If you think your avatar is supposed to scare me, let me show you my latest toy:

As over sensitive and easily offended as some people here are I dont want to get too far out on a new avatar look. :(
After all how many others have had to get different avatars now because some self riotous over opinionated do gooders complained because they found something offensive about someones picture? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back