Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Foot Pedal Adaptation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong way round, it's directly proportional, so will go massively high when it goes OC
Yes, of course, you're right. I've been getting everything backwards lately. :banghead:
Still, the pedal could be inserted where the 7.5k resistor goes, along with suitable adjustment to the other components. I'm assuming the OP wants the speed to increase as the pedal is depressed.

Yes, of course, you're right. I've been getting everything backwards lately. :banghead:
Still, the pedal could be inserted where the 7.5k resistor goes, along with suitable adjustment to the other components. I'm assuming the OP wants the speed to increase as the pedal is depressed.

It's be very confusing if it didn't :D

But because it's not a pot, and indeed not just a variable resistor, it's not really suitable for what he's trying to do.

I suggest he buys a proper one:

Or how about getting the throttle pot from a modern car?.

Okay, so I looked at that foot pedal, and just wondering, do I put whatever size pot in there that I want?

It looks like it comes with a 20k installed...

Okay, so I looked at that foot pedal, and just wondering, do I put whatever size pot in there that I want?

It looks like it comes with a 20k installed...

It depends if you can change it or not - otherwise adapt the top resistor to compensate.

As I said previously, you need a resistor in series with the pot, which sets the maximum output voltage, and increasing the pot value decreases the output voltage. You could also add a resistor in parallel with the pot, to decrease it's maximum resistance.

What voltage range are you looking for?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back