Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar pedal doesnt sound help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
once again I need the geniuses of this website to help me.
Find a really good pedal online, and I try to get it to work, but it doesn't work and I don't know why!

i attach the schematic of the original and my version (its just 2 little change to make it sound with a little more distortion).

Thank you very much everyone who can help me

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 200
  • original with mod.jpg
    original with mod.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 208
The LM386 is a power amp, not an opamp. Here, it has a dead short between pin 1 and pin 8 which messes up its biasing but the datasheet uses a capacitor coupling these pins. The LM386 has too much hissss to make it have the extremely high gain in this circuit.

ok, sorry, I know you guys are good, but without information it is difficult for you to help me and I apologize.

its a heavey metal distrotion pedal, its a clone of the pedal "Krank Distortus Maximus"

the pedal in true bypass signal I can hear the guitar signal, but at the moment of turning it on the signal does not pass, although I can hear a certain sound, and apparently it is heard when I move the volume knob, but the guitar is not heard but a hum.

Today I will measure the voltages and check with a signal probe.

It is already the second model that I manufacture, the first I thought there was some kind of problem on the tracks so I made another pcb with my cnc to find out but this is the same as the previous one so it must be some problem with the schematic or with some component.

reuse almost all components from the old one, but before installing i check all of them them, just use a new lM386-n

The datasheet for the transistor shows which pin is which, EBC. If you used a European (CBE) or Oriental (ECB) transistor then the pins are in a different layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back