Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fm Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another request for "a super-regen" piece of crap.
Or an old TDA7000 piece of crap.

The Dollar store sells a "scanning" FM radio for $1.00. It is a piece of crap with the newest version of the TDA7000 IC inside. Its earphones are worth more than the entire circuit.

Connect two wires to a banana then stick it in your mouth. It will pickup 10 FM stations and you will hear them in surround sound!:D

audioguru said:
Connect two wires to a banana then stick it in your mouth. It will pickup 10 FM stations and you will hear them in surround sound!:D
LOL.. hahahaha
use a satellite dish connected to a banana for receiving signal from the other side of the earth? or from mars!?!?

The rovers that NASA sent to Mars more than 3 years ago are still running around there:
**broken link removed**

Guys you are getting very funny here but i was serious i wud like to know the necessary components where iam supposed to connect and stuff like that

earjun said:
Guys you are getting very funny here but i was serious i wud like to know the necessary components where iam supposed to connect and stuff like that

Buy a cheap radio, take it to pieces - and use the pieces to build your own - by FAR the cheapest way. Expect to spend hundreds of times as much buying all the parts, assuming you can even get hold of them?.

Places like Ocean State Electronics, among others, sell complete kits that are designed with education/instruction in mind. The AM/FM kit is $30 US - as already stated - probably the most economical approach for a radio of similar complexity.

Building a radio isn't anything like a practical project these days, they are just so cheap to buy - which is why it's difficult to find parts to build them with.

If you really want to build a radio (as a learning project, rather than you want a radio), I would suggest building it in a modular fashion - with the front end, IF, and audio stages all on seperate boards. I would also suggest probably starting by NOT using IC's and building a 'proper' IF amplifier with transformers and transistors.

But the best source for parts is really still an old radio!.

The kit from OSE (other sources carry the same kit) appears to be designed and laid out in a way that fits Nigel's description. It appears to be discrete components - the circuit board is labelled well, to the extent that I've seen in pictures.

While not the same challenge as trying to gather the right components, PCB and so on - the kit may provide you a more direct path to your goal of learning about a radio.

stevez said:
While not the same challenge as trying to gather the right components, PCB and so on - the kit may provide you a more direct path to your goal of learning about a radio.

I would agree, and because they buy the components in bulk the price is reasonable.

Thank You Guys For The Help That You Are Giving Me.please Excuse Me If I Ask Me Stupid Questions I M In Learning Process And You People Are Experts.everyone Has A Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back