Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flouncing out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
There was a thread running up until today, which contained questions and answers regarding how to detect the speed of a football kicked against a target.
Within that thread were replies from a number of our members, that obviously had taken a fair amount of the member's time to research and formulate.
It seems the OP was not satisfied with the help/advice they were being given, so they took the flounce route and deleted all of their posts within that thread.
I reported that the member had deleted their posts, around 5 minutes after their last activity on the thread, with the hope that the thread would be restored.
It would be of interest to know if that thread is going to be restored, because the forum is a historical record of every member's input.
The fact that the OP threw a hissy-fit and took their toys home should not invalidate other member's contributions.

I agree, unless a thread breaks the rules and is deleted for legal or ethical reasons, it should remain in public record for future reference. Could you please PM me the OP's username, thread title, and/or the forum in which it was posted? I will see about restoring it.

Thank you,
Matt

I can't recall the exact name of the OP, but it was something like ADWSystems, DSWsystems or similar.
Pommie and dknguyen had some replies in there, but a search does not find their posts.

EDIT:
The thread title ended up being "Sorry I asked" after the OP's posts were deleted, if that helps.

ADWSystems
He spat his dummy out too...He deleted every post in the thread making it rubbish... I'll reinstate it but close the thread..

Thank you Matt & Ian.
There's still a fair idea of the debate within the thread, thanks to our helpers quoting posts, so that others looking for this kind of info in the future can see how it should/or not be done.
Found most of the original thread title:
eto impact detector.png

Regards.

I found it incredulous that he claimed to have a working optical device but scrapped it because it didn't work outside! I'm sure filters, AGC and slope detection could have fixed that. Oh well.

Mike.

I have reverted all of his posts to the version prior to being overwritten. There were a few which did not have history available, but they were at the end of the thread and likely served no real purpose.

Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back