Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flickering mini lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstuhl

I would like some help with a project that will make 6 colored mini colored lamps go on and off randomly. I have the lamps they are 12volt 60mA bulbs. I want to power them from my computers 12 volt source. What do I need to make this idea work. Seems like it would be a simple design, but its above my head. Please help!
Randy

so, you need to pwer them from the powerr suply of the computer or just control them from the computer.
if you need to power them from the computer you can get some power from the serial port, but not enough....for all the lampls to light at the same time.
if you need to control them from the computer its easy from the computer port, but if you need a circuit to dontrol the lamps, its harder, you can use a microcontroller or make a noise generator for each lamp and a flip-flop

Randomly flashing lights

Hey that is just like a color organ i can get the schematic diagrams later i dont have them right now the ony thing is that the color organ does to the beat of music

So you want your lamps to be dancing over the music. I think you are looking for an Audio Level Meter. You can easily construct using LM3914 IC which is a Bragraph LED driver. For spec. sheet goto www.national.com

kinjalgp said:
So you want your lamps to be dancing over the music. I think you are looking for an Audio Level Meter. You can easily construct using LM3914 IC which is a Bragraph LED driver. For spec. sheet goto www.national.com
LM3914 IC doesn't flash LED's RANDOMLY only in 2 sequences
O
OO
OOO
OOOO
OOOOO
OOOOOO
and
Oooooo
oOoooo
ooOooo
oooOoo
ooooOo
oooooO

those 2 sequences but what you could do is setup your LED's where they would look random like not alined in that sqence, but it would be the same pattern over and over.
if you want real randomness you need a microcontroller.
but if you want to stick with LM3914 IC check out post called "NEED LED ASSISTANCE" been talking about this IC for a while and also got some good sites on there to learn about this IC.
hope this helps
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back