Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First Time Making PCB: Suppliers, Hints, ETC

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v0 said:
[SIZE=-1]Treat the transfer paper with care too. If you touch it prior to printing you run the risk of the toner falling off prior to or during transfer. If you touch the toner after printing the toner will fail to stick to the copper.
I actually haven't had any problems despite the magazines I've used have been really well read. I think it only matters after it's been printed, some grease on the paper before printing might actually be beneficial as it will stop the toner sticking to the paper so well.

correction: The command change isolate (distance) (e.g. change isolate 20) and then click on the polygon outline.
That is what I said You need to set the value of isolate prior to doing polygon gnd. You can not change the value of isolater after polygon and prior to ratsnest, although you can not see the pour it has already been calculated.

EDIT: I was wrong about this. As pointed out by mneary you can change isolate after using ratsnest. You just click on the pour after dong the change as indicated by the info line on the bottom.

Last edited:
Think of the ability of paper to hold/release the toner as a variable. It ranges for don't work because the toner will not release to don't work because the toner does not stay put long enough to transfer it.

On the too sticky end you have copier paper where the toner goes into the paper and traps fibers.
On the too slick end you have cooking parchment and alu foil.

If you graph the variable with X as the stickiness and Y as the ability to do a transfer you end up with a curve with a usable region on the top section of the graph.

Clay coated magazine paper is nearer the too sticky end of the usable region. It is less effected by the oil. It may be that the clay absorbs the oil from finger prints as does cat littler on an driveway oil stain.

The Pulsar paper is coated with starch and is nearer the too slick end of the usable region. The additional slickness caused by the oil makes it too slick and finger prints will not hold toner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back