Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First PCB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
you print the part id on top

I found .25mm is fine for traces unless your carring some heavy amperage?
a Laser printer is what you have to have for quality printing.
also look at purchasing a PULSAR system
has sveral sheets of paper, some green TFF film (fills all the little voids in the transfer)
the kit I purchased came with several copper clad boards.
you can use an iron but I found better results using a laminator.
look at newegg.com for a good deal on a laser printer.
Pulsar states - avoid the Brother or ? line of printers as the ink doesn't work as well.
avoid right angles and V intersections.
when I must use such angles I just put a filled plane around the intersection (see my post where I added filled planes.
check out the PULSAR website for info.

I'm going to make the traces skinnier then.

One question on the laser printer. Don't need color right? Black and White will do just fine right?

I have been looking at pulsar. Some one said something about getting a 4" in one for $25 but i didn't see that anywhere on their website. Do you know anything about that?

Don't need color right? Black and White will do just fine right?
On the Pulsar site they say color is actually not good, because the ink is too thin.
I have been looking at pulsar. Some one said something about getting a 4" in one for $25 but i didn't see that anywhere on their website. Do you know anything about that?
Pulsar only sell the large laminator, but people have mentioned that they found good 4" units on ebay for $25. There are several listed on ebay, so you'll have to do some research.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back