Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First E-Ink magazine... torn apart. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I'm sure you have all heard of E Ink (electronic ink) before.

i was lucky enough to be shopping in a book store today, and my dad happen to see the first magazine to feature E Ink on its cover (Esquire Magazine).... Long story short, i conned him into buying it for me so i could tear it apart. :)

After ripping the cover off, and discarding the rest of the magazine :))), this is what i got:

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

One E INK display on top, and one upside down display on the bottom. Driver board in the middle

This is the driver board. It consists of a PIC12F629, and two HEF4094BT 8-stage shift-and-store bus registers. There is also an ICD connector. The 6 yellow things are 3v lithium batteries. It LOOKS as if they are all ran in series at a quick glance. But i have not had a chance to test this.

There are no components on the back of the board. Just traces.

Here is a picture of both "screens."

Although this E-Ink module is segmented, and not dot matrix, it is still a really cool toy. :) When i get a chance, i want to do some hacking on this board, but until then, i hope this poorly written writeup can wet a few of your appetites. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back