Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firearms Countermeasures

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v0,

I couldn't agree with you more. Like Archie Bunker said in an earlier time, just give everyone who gets on an airplane a loaded gun. Hijacker problem solved. He might say today, the only body search that needs to be made is to be sure you are pack'n.

John
:D:D
Sounds like a standing joke here in South Africa's clubs in Hillbrow (the shady part of Jo-burg). When you enter a night club they search you for guns. If you don't have any, they issue you with one :)

:D:D
Sounds like a standing joke here in South Africa's clubs in Hillbrow (the shady part of Jo-burg). When you enter a night club they search you for guns. If you don't have any, they issue you with one :)

Rural Eastern Cape here....

In the middle of uselessness here...no Pubs....no movies....no buggerall. Only Shebeens......

All has gone to pieces. The correct place to try to understand uselessness. And realize that South Africa is destined for failure.
I am in the middle of it. The ANC voting fodder is here. The sheeple will not rest until all is dust.

That's the way they want it. That's all they know.

And it's not even half funny anymore. Break, destroy, litter etc...

Tired of this stupid excuse of a race.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
[QUOTE

What skills do you have?

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John

1. Honesty
2 .Integrity
3. Good work ethics

And obviously CRT repair knowledge. And other associated Electronics. Like what I deal with daily...No Degrees for me.

Just a guy stuck in the middle of stuff. That nobody is interested in learning....because I am always here....to help and so on.
Oh well, they should have been writing things down that I taught them.....long ago. Almost done here and about time too.

Let them cope on their own. Old tvtech has had enough. They can find out the rest for themselves.....everything that I tried to share with them and asked them to write down.....too much effort.... I showed them EVERY SINGLE FAULT that I found on countless chassis....nobody cares.

A waste of my life and my time.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
One the one hand, you don't have a lot of certifications and licenses that would need to be redone in the new country, such as a lawyer or physician would need to do.

On the other hand, the absence of specific skills that are in high demand can make relocation quite difficult. Some countries, including the USA, protect native workers from competing would-be immigrants. You can often get a work permit for a limited time, but such permits often require you to return to your native country periodically. Lots of games get played with those requirements, but they are still a pain in the neck.

I suspect an isolated island nation would be more restrictive than a nation of larger land mass, just because the options for employment are more limited in the island nation.

Good luck.

John

One the one hand, you don't have a lot of certifications and licenses that would need to be redone in the new country, such as a lawyer or physician would need to do.

On the other hand, the absence of specific skills that are in high demand can make relocation quite difficult. Some countries, including the USA, protect native workers from competing would-be immigrants. You can often get a work permit for a limited time, but such permits often require you to return to your native country periodically. Lots of games get played with those requirements, but they are still a pain in the neck.

I suspect an isolated island nation would be more restrictive than a nation of larger land mass, just because the options for employment are more limited in the island nation.

Good luck.

John

I had a heart to heart chat with the owner of the business today. He is sick and tired of this dump we work in too. He also want's to bail out.......and leave the Stupids to destroy themselves. As only they can do.

White people of ALL nationalities get blamed for African stupidity. It's an excuse that is always raised when an African is confronted.....

Because they simply canno't think. They are born with a missing part of the brain. No matter what we all do as a collective society...to help.

Stealing, cunning, slyness however, comes naturally to this race. Honesty and Integrity are words that they have still to learn AND understand. Both at the same time. Hopefully.

What a mess. Anybody not living here and not experiencing this fall in South African standards should not comment.

Accurate info only. As always.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
WOW, How sad and if you leave thay will have to steal each others TVs.:(

WOW, How sad and if you leave thay will have to steal each others TVs.:(

They do it anyway.....and then bring the rubbish here to fix...after someone else has fiddled too :mad:

What a clueless and useless Race. You have NO idea. Seriously. I used to try and rescue junk because I felt sorry for stupids...over it now. The only way they MIGHT learn is if it hurts their pocket...as in "buy a new TV because this one is beyond repair as the bush mechanic you took it to has stuffed it up".

And then I throw it in the trash. Where it belongs.

Will "they" learn?. Probably never.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Rural Eastern Cape here....
I am not sure what counts as "rural Eastern Cape", but a few years ago I made a couple of business trips to the Mossel Bay / George area.
Seemed pleasant enough in its own way during the limited amount of time I was there (two, four day trips).
It was about this time of year, the weather was pleasant, not too hot and a nice breeze off the sea.

However, it was obvious that there was a lot of poverty and poor housing for the black guys.
One thing that surprised me when I had to go out shopping for a long VGA cable (left mine behind in the UK! DOH!) was the locked gates at the entrances to the computer and tv shops which had to be buzzed open by the guy in the shop before you could get in!
So I can believe that all is not rosy down there.
One of the ex-pat Brits who I was working with there, advised me that there were a few "underlying tensions" lets say!

JimB

I am not sure what counts as "rural Eastern Cape", but a few years ago I made a couple of business trips to the Mossel Bay / George area.
Seemed pleasant enough in its own way during the limited amount of time I was there (two, four day trips).
It was about this time of year, the weather was pleasant, not too hot and a nice breeze off the sea.

However, it was obvious that there was a lot of poverty and poor housing for the black guys.
One thing that surprised me when I had to go out shopping for a long VGA cable (left mine behind in the UK! DOH!) was the locked gates at the entrances to the computer and tv shops which had to be buzzed open by the guy in the shop before you could get in!
So I can believe that all is not rosy down there.
One of the ex-pat Brits who I was working with there, advised me that there were a few "underlying tensions" lets say!

JimB

Hi Jim

Mossel Bay/George area is paradise. A huge Tourist area..and the world famous Cango Caves is just up the road in Oudtshoorn. Everything is kept clean and all is neat and tidy....and well run.

The Eastern Cape is a very different beast. Especially the rural Eastern Cape.

Here the attitude is ...."different". All about stealing and taking chances...a common joke amongst us is BML. What is BML?

Blacks Must Lie.

Me: "Has anybody ever tried to fix this set"?
Customer: "No".

Me: "But the back cover has no screws in.....did you buy it like this ?"
Customer: "It's not my TV. They asked me to bring it here.".........................................

Only to find out (truth has that habit) that he is the owner of the TV. And had an Idiot screw it all up.......

What was the initial fault that caused the bush mechanic to stuff the whole PCB up and making a mess everywhere with desperation..and I mean everything from PSU to LINE ?

A simple little dry joint on the frame IC. Not blown either. Just dry jointed.

Like I said..sigh...if people only tell the truth, I can help. If they lie, I am not interested anymore :mad:

Just me

tvtech

Last edited:
Hi Jim

Mossel Bay/George area is paradise. A huge Tourist area..and the world famous Cango Caves is just up the road in Oudtshoorn. Everything is kept clean and all is neat and tidy....and well run.

The Eastern Cape is a very different beast. Especially the rural Eastern Cape.

Here the attitude is ...."different". All about stealing and taking chances...a common joke amongst us is BML. What is BML?

Blacks Must Lie.

Me: "Has anybody ever tried to fix this set"?
Customer: "No".

Me: "But the back cover has no screws in.....did you buy it like this ?"
Customer: "It's not my TV. They asked me to bring it here.".........................................

Only to find out (truth has that habit) that he is the owner of the TV. And had an Idiot screw it all up.......

What was the initial fault that caused the bush mechanic to stuff the whole PCB up and making a mess everywhere with desperation..and I mean everything from PSU to LINE ?

A simple little dry joint on the frame IC. Not blown either. Just dry jointed.

Like I said..sigh...if people only tell the truth, I can help. If they lie, I am not interested anymore :mad:

Just me

tvtech
Yes but thay all lie like that here to! When I was repairing car radios I saw a lot of it.

I think most everyone here is missing the obvious part of the problem.
The guns and whatever propellant they use to fire the bullet are not the problem. Its the user plain and simple.

If I want you dead disabling my gun powder wont stop me. :eek:

I can still shoot you but I just have to change my propellant to something else like a high pressure gas as in shoot you in the head with a simple ball bearing shot from a common paint ball gun that has been turned way up.

Now what are you going to do? Take away all forms of compressible gas? :rolleyes:

Even then if I cant shoot you I can get a sharp pointy anything and stab you in the eye or ear with it. It may not kill you but if I do it right I can scramble enough of your brain to basically render you a vegetable or at least too simple to ever cause me problems again. :p

No pointy sticks? no problem. I just punch you in the head until you are unconscious and then suffocate or choke you until dead or brain damaged. ;)

The point is if you don't want people killing other people you have to fix the people and not just some of the people all of them. If I want to kill you its partially my doing and partially yours for giving me reasons I feel killing you are justified enough to go through with it. ;)

(What can I say I am a sick sick person and I have had a lot of free time lately to ponder on the potential methods of how to knock someone off which of course is the easy part. The not getting caught part is the harder part I am still working on.) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think most everyone here is missing the obvious part of the problem.
The guns and whatever propellant they use to fire the bullet are not the problem. Its the user plain and simple.

If I want you dead disabling my gun powder wont stop me. :eek:

I can still shoot you but I just have to change my propellant to something else like a high pressure gas as in shoot you in the head with a simple ball bearing shot from a common paint ball gun that has been turned way up.

Now what are you going to do? Take away all forms of compressible gas? :rolleyes:

Even then if I cant shoot you I can get a sharp pointy anything and stab you in the eye or ear with it. It may not kill you but if I do it right I can scramble enough of your brain to basically render you a vegetable or at least too simple to ever cause me problems again. :p

No pointy sticks? no problem. I just punch you in the head until you are unconscious and then suffocate or choke you until dead or brain damaged. ;)

The point is if you don't want people killing other people you have to fix the people and not just some of the people all of them. If I want to kill you its partially my doing and partially yours for giving me reasons I feel killing you are justified enough to go through with it. ;)

(What can I say I am a sick sick person and I have had a lot of free time lately to ponder on the potential methods of how to knock someone off which of course is the easy part. The not getting caught part is the harder part I am still working on.) :rolleyes:

Hi tcmtech

I read an excellent quote today. From a hugely popular South African local forum. It go's something like this:

QUOTE" No I am not saying you are stupid. I just believe you have bad luck when it comes to thinking..." UNQUOTE.

LOL :D:D:D:D:D

Heck, that made my Day, Month, Year. Classic stuff. And so subtle too.

Stupid stays stupid. Forever. Nothing we can ever do. Face it good people. Don't go through what I have been through.

Best regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
QUOTE" No I am not saying you are stupid. I just believe you have bad luck when it comes to thinking..." UNQUOTE.

As I tell my wife far too often. "Can't and don't want to are not the same." There are very few things she cant do but unfortunately for me there are far too many things she just doesn't want to do and a lot of that starts with refusing to be willing to learn and think.:mad:

We both have very well paying jobs for what little work we actually do but to me that does not mean that we can toss money at every issue that she does not want to learn to do better with.

Winter is coming here and I am not spending $20K on a newer vehicle with ABS and whatnot because she just doesn't feel like putting any personal effort into learning to drive in snow. :mad:

Last edited:
As I tell my wife far too often. "Can't and don't want to are not the same."

The first “honeymoon year” is over. It is only after the first year that woman really show their true self, and it is usually one big fat ugly monster. (Slap in face smiley)

The first “honeymoon year” is over. It is only after the first year that woman really show their true self, and it is usually one big fat ugly monster. (Slap in face smiley)

How you doing fellow SA person.

Anything stolen or broken on purpose lately? . How are the roads there?. We are being rained out here. It will apparently only stop raining next Week sometime...

Ahh, the Eastern Cape. What a dump I am stuck in. You are really lucky you are in Gauteng. Where at least some stuff works properly. And there are things to do and see. I heard you guys have places you can actually eat out....like quality Restuarants (apparently quite a lot too to choose from).

Here it is mostly shebeens, people eating Mielies in the street, throwing their trash on the pavement, parking on the pavement too...anything goes here. Parking is no problem here...park your vehicle anyway you want....not a Traffic Cop in sight.

Not one Hotel left here. They all closed down.

This is ANC fodder voter territory. Where it all started. The birthplace of the bowel movement called the anc...

Four and a half Years ago I was excited to think I could make a difference to help these people THINK.

I was wrong.

Cheers,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back