Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fire Ants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't most serial killers start off killing and torturing insects and small animals as kids?

I haven't messed with the once-a-year chemicals, mostly do to the expense and it's unlikely to be affective for more than a few months. Its outside, mid to upper 90's during the day, high humidity, and torrential rains during huricane season. These are the worst posable conditions for a long term chemical solution. Very skeptical about the claims. Neighbors say more like a few months. Chemicals leftover from last year aren't as effect as they were when first bought, and I store them indoors in sealed containers (not just fold over the top of the bag...).

Anyway, could find the piezo element I was looking for, but did find several 3-wire speakers. Never figured out how to use them. I've got a box ful of piezo tweaters I can rip the element out of, just want a lower power one, oh well. Unfortunately, I've gotten pretty good at killing mounds. All the ones I found after mowing my lawn seem to be dead, and nothing new and active. Only been a few days, takes a while to get the new home in order. Maybe this weekend I'll have a test subject.

Fire ants reached Australia 2 or 3 years ago.

Perhaps this site may help. **broken link removed**

Well the advice I got to get rid of ants was borax and the stuff ya buy from the local hardware is basically borax. Well I've got a decent mound on the way to my shed and well after pouring 2 small tubs of this antrid crap the mound has doubled in size. I find by pouring about a litre of diesel down the holes and setting the diesel alight keeps them in check for about a month. But I've no chance of ridding my farm of ants as the termites on my place ate through a metre of 4x2 of treated pine in about 6 months and most of the dead trees on my place are hollow from the termites. Makes good money thou for bird-breeders :D

Cheers Bryan:p

HarveyH42 said:
Don't most serial killers start off killing and torturing insects and small animals as kids?

Not sure about insects. hehehe.. And we have a ton of animals and none are missing to date.. Hear fluffy, fluffy?? Where is fluffy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back