Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finished Traffic Advisor Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy1845c

I've asked alot of questions concerning this project on the forums here, so I thought I would post a few pictures of the finished product:D

I posted a video of the flash patterns on YouTube, but its isn't up yet, so i'll have to post back later with the link.

It was alot of fun to design and build. Don't think I would try another one, but if I did I would do a few things differntly.

Learn to etch a PCB so as not to have quite so many wires.

Use a bigger heatsink on the LM350. I had to re-write some of the PIC program to have less lights on at once then I originally wanted because the regulator was getting hot.

Find a smaller rotarty switch. Dang thing almost didn't fit!

Remember to leave room for pull up resistors on board, so as not to have to solder them into the rotory switch :eek:

I could go on and on;)

Bottom line is a learned a TON working on this and i'm excited to move on to somthing new:)

Thanks to everyone that has helped me on this!

EDIT: heres the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-xU27HfNI
My camera is to slow to capture some of the rapid stobe patterns, so they look goofy in the video.

Attachments

• TrafficAdvisor1.jpg
    TrafficAdvisor1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Trafficadvisor3.jpg
    Trafficadvisor3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Your bright lights look great! Good patterns.
They should scare away any bears.

If you have a diagram it would be helpful, am also making one traffic advisor with a PICAXE PIC on a PCB but am not sure if it would work, i would use some relays instead test lights to make it work, i'm new working with PICs, but i should try. I let some photos to check.View attachment 68592View attachment 68593]. If you can help me i would really apreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back