Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fingerprint Module with Door lock Solenoid - Arduino Nano ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

QLF

Greeting,

Thank you for your support guys.

I am a newbie to the Electronics, but I did read for a long time and search but this is my first circuit it may look easy for you but I need help.

Here are two schematic and I need them to be joined together with Op protection and reverse voltage protection as well.
Mwcl1.png

The project is a Solenoid door lock I will add a Finger Print module operated with Arduino Nano to open it.

In fact, the solenoid is operated by normal doorbell intercom, so the project here is to make both ways to open the solenoid the fingerprint module and the intercom.

Please note:
- The solenoid needs 1.8amp to open.
- Reverse voltage protection due to the power will come to Arduino when solenoid opened from the intercom.
- I have a TIP122 Transistor if needed.
- Arduino Nano will be used in the project.
- Pin 9 or any will be used to send a signal to the transistor to pass the power required to open the solenoid.
- Over 12v protection for Arduino nano if dual input power source will be used.

The scenario:
* Normal intercom button should open the solenoid.
1- Fingerprint Module read the fingerprint
2- Arduino Nano received the data approved then send a signal from pin 9 to transistor tip122 to open
3- transistor tip 122 opens and passes the current to open the solenoid.
4- Fingerprint Module Sleep mode after specific time inactive.

Please try to consider the size of the circuit if possible need to be a small or good size to be placed behind the door of the house.

Thanks a lot.

Yousif

You could use the transistor to operate a relay that is wired parallel to the door bell button switch. So either one can energize the solenoid.

You could use the transistor to operate a relay that is wired parallel to the door bell button switch. So either one can energize the solenoid.

As an idea, how to use opto-coupler or reed relay in this circuit to bridge the intercom push-button?

Update - 22.01.2020

Here is my schematic I tried my best bellow:
Schematic-Adruino-Nano-Solenoid-Driver-Sheet-1-20200122165217.png

Should I use a fly-back diode as commented after I cleared the schematic? If yes, Where?

Is it required to protect the Arduino or any part of the circuit in this diagram?

If the Solenoid used 24v dc in this diagram, will 24vdc reached my nano and burned it? If yes how to protect it?

Is the circuit protected from using both way to open the solenoid accidentally by finger print and the push button of the headset? If no how to do that?

Please note that this is the first work I made it may need many correction as I am newbie in this world.

Yousif

What do you expect that transistor to do when it gets a +5v signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back