Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fine solder work

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a bunch of Weller WES51 soldering stations, but we're looking for something that has a solder tip finer than the ones that fit on the WES51 (tip thickness of ~0.3mm). Are there any recommendations for a rework of 0.4mm and 0.5mm QFN and QFP packages? Thanks very much!

I have used Weller/Pace/Hako for many years and there is nothing wrong with any of them. Until I came across Metcal(bought by OKI). While not cheap by any means, it has to be the best system I have ever used---and I have used many brands.
For Ultra fine pitch work, the UFTC series can not be beat. **broken link removed**
Biggest advantage is their use of RF to heat the element which is almost instantaneous. There is no Temp adjustment as it is based on the tip and it has an incredible recovery time. There is even a patent on it which I think it's expired by now. https://www.freepatentsonline.com/4626767.pdf
At work I have been using it for the past 5 years.

0.5mm pin spacing is easy to do with a 0.5 - 1 mm tip. If you use extra flux, then there's no worry of bridging pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back