finding pic sillicon revision numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

can anyone explain how you read from the pic what it's revision number etc is? i have a couple of pics that have errata on some revisions but not others and i wanted to check the chips i have

ok thanks for that i will have a go at it later, even under a microscope i cant see anything that looks like a revision number

ok how do i use this i double click to run and a screen flash's up then is gone in a fraction of a second

When I first connect to a target device with a PICkit 2 running under mplab 8.36, I get the following report:

Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 4.75V)
PIC12HV615 found (Rev 0x0)
PICkit 2 Ready

This is before I click 'program'.

I would assume that it would do the same for any other PIC device.

Hi Jason,

extract "PK2DeviceFile.dat" & "pk2cmd.exe" & stick in a folder close to root (saves navigating many paths).

Connect PICkit2 to a device.

Open a command prompt & navigate to the chosen folder, then type "pk2cmd -p -i" then hit return.

Mine was a 16F887 and I got:

Auto-Detect: Found part PIC16F887

Device ID = 2080
Revision = 0002
Device Name = PIC16F887

Operation Succeeded

Regards.

EDIT:
Simply typing "pk2cmd" without switches & hitting return gives the command line help options.

Last edited:
Watching Silk?

A programme on the forsaken gogglebox?

Are you under duress from the better half?

There's 'scopes un-attended and constantly refreshing forlornly out there you know!

Watching Silk?

A programme on the forsaken gogglebox?

Are you under duress from the better half?

There's 'scopes un-attended and constantly refreshing forlornly out there you know!

i agree but it was a cheaper option than divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…