Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final Project Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Ok I know that this is probably the most possted thread of all times but I just whant to hear your crazy ideas for a final project.

I had one that was rejected by the board because "they thought it was dangerous". Well my idea for a final was a remotely controlled, battery powered ionocraft. But for some reason the faculty decided that it will be dangerous to demo a 27,000 Volt flying machine. Instead, the faculty suggested I design a wireless annunciation system for our school since we don't have one :(

I mean where the hell is the fun in that ?

If you could actually get an ionocraft to fly under its own power, it would be a worthy project anytime.

Sorry to hear your faculty is a bunch of self-serving dicks.

On behalf of your faculty, a project that benefits the school is something that may work well to your benefit, short term and long term. Sure they'll talk about your ionocraft months from now, but a needed and practical device that benefits the school in some way will be appreciated daily. Think about it. You can always build your ionocraft afterwards and maybe then they'll erect a bronse statue of you on the front lawn!

"You can always build your super-whatever radio thing anytime, Edwin, but what the staff really needs right now is an electrically illuminated sign for all of our new, important school slogans."

Forget the remote control, Frosty, just try to get the lifter to fly under it's own steam. THAT is a worthy project. Use batteries, caps, solar cells, fuel cells, anything - just get it to lift itself and its power supply.

Forget the remote control, Frosty, just try to get the lifter to fly under it's own steam. THAT is a worthy project. Use batteries, caps, solar cells, fuel cells, anything - just get it to lift itself and its power supply.

I was thinking of using NiMH batteries since they can supply high current that is needed to feed the flyback transformer. Perhaps even lithium-ion battery can be used. Although I am not too sure lithium ion battery can withstand high current kickbacks from flyback.

Last edited:
"You can always build your super-whatever radio thing anytime, Edwin, but what the staff really needs right now is an electrically illuminated sign for all of our new, important school slogans."

Well they were actualy talking about a speaker system. But I guess a wireless electronic board is always a bonus. Thanks

Thank you all for your suggestions and support!

I guess I can always work on that lifter at the privacy of my home (just won't have much lab equipment to test the circuitry).

If you could actually get an ionocraft to fly under its own power, it would be a worthy project anytime.

Sorry to hear your faculty is a bunch of self-serving dicks.

Well only two of them are ;)

Here's where you get to decide whether you're at school to just have fun, or to serve others and get good grades in the process.

Use any kind of batteries you want, the challenge is to get it to fly under its own power. Nobody's managed to do that, so far as I know.

My reference to Edwin and the electrically illuminated sign was sort of a "what-if" about Edwin Armstrong. Suppose instead of working on the superheterodyne receiver (or one of his other inventions) the faculty of Armstrong's school made him work on some stupid-ass, already-been-done, illuminated-sign-thing so they could spout their self important platitudes at the students?

Control freaks think like that. They spend ten minutes coming up with some idiotic slogan and convince themselves that their trivial effort is more important than your months-long struggle to invent the first new flying machine since the rocket.

You have my sympathies. School isn't to serve a bunch of bloated egos in the faculty, it's to learn things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back