Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final automation projet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBoy1982

For my final class in industrial electronics we need to create an automation projet with a micro-controller or with an automate and INTOUCH. We also need to make our own PCBs and metal caseings for the project. We have to use also 0-10V scaling at the enterence of the programmable automate. We also need to view all variables with an IPS. We have to create our own project. Some are making an automated alarm system for a home, others a hydroponic system with a touch panel screen, one is doing a wind mill, etc. I was wondering if any of you had ideas for me ? I was thinking maybe of an intelligent toaster that if you put only 1 slice in it well the empty slot does not heat up , so this would save some energy, I would also add some controls in there to make it fansy for my teacher, anyway I am really opened to hear any of your ideas, any kind of help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. 8)

BennyBoy1982 said:
So..... no one here got an idea ?? C'mon folks !

There are millions of ideas.. but we dont know: how much money can you spend? And most importantly, how much time do you have to do it in? You know, some ideas are much more feasible than others. Your toaster idea seems feasible and maybe too easy. back in college, I developed my own voicemail system with a microcontroller and an FCC approved phone line interface device. Could call in and record messages and save them as *wav files in the PC. 3 guys working on this took 4 weeks.

We are 2 person working on this project and we got 2 days a week for 13 weeks to make somthing work. So I guess that we got around 400 hours. Concerning the costs for the project it is sure that minimising the money invested since we are students would be neat. Staying under 500$ (250$/person) would be reasonable. Thanks for taking the time to read and to write back. I know there are a lot ideas out there but I am in lack of inspiration.

Thanks.

BEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back