Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

viki da viper

Hi Guyz,

I have a small question. I am a first year student doing Electronic and Electrical eng. We have still not done filters in our case, we get to do them in our third year. In the mean time I am reading about filters and stuff I have a question about the Notch filter diagram attached;

1. Is the cut-off frequency 1/2piRC ?

2. How can you find the gain of the notch filter ? like what is the formula?

I am completely new to this topic. So I would really like you people to help me out. Thx

Attachments

• TwinTFilter-sch.jpg
    TwinTFilter-sch.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 116
Hi Guyz,

I have a small question. I am a first year student doing Electronic and Electrical eng. We have still not done filters in our case, we get to do them in our third year. In the mean time I am reading about filters and stuff I have a question about the Notch filter diagram attached;

1. Is the cut-off frequency 1/2piRC ?

2. How can you find the gain of the notch filter ? like what is the formula?

I am completely new to this topic. So I would really like you people to help me out. Thx

hi,
Get this application sheet from Texas Inst
Section 16 will be useful for your course.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/04/slod006b.pdf

hi,
This is a rough simulation for your circuit using LTSpice.

LTSpice is a freedownload.

Attachments

• plot8.gif
    plot8.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Draft9.asc
    2.4 KB · Views: 132
Hi, i believe your notch filter works by adding 2 signals that have been shifted 180 degrees out of phase at the cut off frequency.

cut off frequency = 1/2piRC as you thought.

I do not know how to calculate gain, would be interested to know if you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back