Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Field Phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumcalib

Hi, another project idea (building it for my kid nephew), I was recently looking around and thought "screw it with walkie talkies", why not make him a home made set of German field phones.

My idea is just a hand set, a switch to switch say on and off, and maybe if it's too hard to have 2 open lines, just a switch to go back and forth between hand sets. I'm fine if it's battery powered (which I'm guessing it probably has to be), maybe 1000 yards transmission (the german ones run on D batteries and can go up to a mile) , any idea would be great, thanks!

KEY-123 - Original German Field Phones Requires "D" Batteries Bakelite Case Set of Two Phones

here's a link to ones that can be bought.

Put two ordinary telephones in series with each other and a wall wart (18 volts or so) or some 9V batteries in series (won't last long).

Google for 'intercom schematic'.

Connect two speakers with the same impedance together with a piece of wire.

Speak into one and you'll faintly hear your voice out of the other speaker.

Put two ordinary telephones in series with each other and a wall wart (18 volts or so) or some 9V batteries in series (won't last long).

Google for 'intercom schematic'.
This idea seems interesting if you can gather two old telephone sets. So the total cost will be less. I've found two articles for this simple set up and they says it'll work serveral miles apart. The second article provides external ringing facility as the inbuilt phone ringer needs 90V/20Hz accurate AC voltage.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back