Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fiber loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

khushbu0694

hey..
actually i need a project idea for my project based on fiber loss..
please suggest me what do i do?
what kind of project do i make with fiber cables?

Last edited:
Typical problems is to get as much throughput as possible through a fiber cable, at a distance as long as possible. That is the kind of projects that they typically do.

Another one: As you can send more data over fiber compared to copper and if you have planned to sell the line for comercial use, that means you can earn more money for a fiber line. However, the equipment is costly, so you must compare the overall cost and decide if you go for copper or fiber.

In the industry we use Bus communication between the controllers and the field measuring units. Because of the threat that High voltage motors hold via inductive discharge, we isolate our bus cables from any such thread by converting to fiber.

Depending on the distance you want to go with the fiber, we use Multi Mode (MM) and Single Mode (SM) fiber. MM for distances up to about 4km and SM for longer distances. Price is the deciding factor. SM installations are far more expensive than MM

ya i know that will be expensive..
but we are told to make a fiber link having transmitter and receiver.. just simple project which transmit data.. that's it..!
but i want something new.. not just receiver-transmitter.. but any new idea, any new project in which we can use fiber cable..
and if it is micro controller based then well and good..!

so now can i get some innovative ideas?

ya i know that will be expensive..
but we are told to make a fiber link having transmitter and receiver.. just simple project which transmit data.. that's it..!
but i want something new.. not just receiver-transmitter.. but any new idea, any new project in which we can use fiber cable..
and if it is micro controller based then well and good..!

so now can i get some innovative ideas?
That should be the contents of your first post.
The words of your initial post indicated slightly (but strongly possible) that this project was a kind of raport for economic gain, rather than actually build something (my personal opinion).

Well, build yourself a fiberoptic network switch. That would be a real challenge, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back