Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ferrite Transformer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can We Use High Frequency Ferrite Core In Reverse?...

Hi,
I want to build an inverter based on SMPS but i am struck at transformer design i dont know how to design one and what are the specs.
as it would be a high frequency transformer which core will be suitable for what power rating please someone guide me.
one important thing is can we use ferrite transformer ini reverse like big 50Hz transformer can i use a laptop charger transformer in reverse to make a 12v to 310v boost converter i want to start with small power inverter any thing less than hundred watt because i may get core of less power rating near me.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I can't really help, BUT here, at least is a place to get cores and wire: https://www.cwsbytemark.com/

I can tell you that the core material primarily determines the frequencies you can use and finding a place to get small quantities is very tough.

I did wind a torroidal transformer some 40 years ago, but the specs were already given to me and the design was self-oscillating with no regulator. It was suited for something like +-20V DC from 12 DC at about 40W

Just recently, I've been slowly playing with winding a special inductor. It was mostly a trial and error approach, but in the second trial, I have something I can work with.

Another source.

Pity Airian didn't put in his locality when he.she registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back