Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favorite SciFi's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey that's funny Killivolt! LMAO!!!!

I can still remember the old black and white thing. Funny how they could use it to keep you glued to the program with it's suspense filed music and such.

No, 3D no animation nothing makeup and lights.

To a 8 to 10 yr. old that was really something back then. Now, kids think what the hell is this ? You use to watch this stuff ?

kv:)

I can still remember the old black and white thing. Funny how they could use it to keep you glued to the program with it's suspense filed music and such.

No, 3D no animation nothing makeup and lights.

To a 8 to 10 yr. old that was really something back then. Now, kids think what the hell is this ? You use to watch this stuff ?

kv:)

It's still the best! It's the creativity and imagination that does it. Try to remember what the 1963 Corvette fast back with split T windows looked like. We hit a high point in America back then.

You know it got cut short don't you? Parents were calling the networks telling them that their kids were having bad night mares...lol....for real.

It only lasted two seasons, but it was outrageous!

Last edited:
They got them all! This is great!

There was another TV show I loved as a kid and they took it off early. It was called "Profiles in Courage". I looked it up recently and found it was based on John F Kennedy's book. They ended it due to political ideologies slowly permeating the US gov't. Made them feel naked I suppose.

Last edited:
Any of you all check this stuff out? I think it's absolutely amazing that people would consider it not as good because it is in blank and white. You see, I personally think that this is allot of what is wrong with Hollywood today. They have the most amazing computer graphics today and so have relied so heavily upon them that there is nothing left to the imagination. In fact many many of the movies I speak of are nothing more than demonstrations of the most recent computer graphics. The plots stink!

No, it is the mind of man that is able to reach beyond even that what can be generated by a computer. The imagination and creativity is what makes us unique and is a heightened level of thought that is difficult to achieve and put down on paper. Who doesn't like Alfred Hitchcock? He was nothing but brains. He dern sure wasn't any mr Universe...lol.

There are concepts in these episodes that should inspire you entrepreneurs into exploring far outside the box. In fact there are concepts here that if could be made into a reality would make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.

The New World Order would love you if you came up with the O.B.I.T. That way they would not need their RFID tags which have cancer causing related issues. I'd like to make it and get Rothschild's code...lol. It would make you sick!

Last edited:
I grew up with Gerry Anderson so I guess it's a soft spot. Yep the show is pretty much crap but I've always watched it.

Guess my all time favorite is Colossus the Forbin Project. Too bad the following two books blew big time.

I grew up with Gerry Anderson so I guess it's a soft spot. Yep the show is pretty much crap but I've always watched it.

Guess my all time favorite is Colossus the Forbin Project. Too bad the following two books blew big time.

Well then, that's no fair. We said good, no great Sci-Fi's.

Man, I know we had come up with the name of that movie I wanna get but I can't find it now. It's old too. From the 60s.

It starts off with a ball of light coming down from the sky and it goes into this guy's ear. Then he has powers of ESP & hypnotism. Well, they trap him in some sort of chamber and cut off the oxygen and he passes out. They weren't there to see it but this gook came out his ear. Later they saw him laying there so they opened the chamber and the gook turned back into a ball of light and took off out the door and into the clouds.

Later, this flying saucer lands in the desert unseen and builds a giant robot. The next day they had noticed it but it was not moving. It was real tall, maybe 20 stories. So a helicopter goes and lands on it's shoulder and they get out and are checking it out and radioing in. Suddenly the head of the robot starts to rotate to one side. Well they jump back in that helicopter and get the hell out of there!

So later this thing is walking around trashing power lines & stuff, leaving behind a trail of fires and wreckage so they bring in the military and start blasting it with everything they got. Well, nothin' works so they bring in a B-52 bomber and nuke it. As the mushroom cloud is rising in the air, all of the sudden it starts reversing back into the giant robot. When the smoke clears this robot is about 3 or 4 times larger than it was before.

Anybody know the name of that one? I haven't see it since I was a kid and I want to get that one if I can find it.

Thanks, SV

IMO Colossus is great SciFi, a remake will be coming out next year.

Then again I like Flash Gordon & Highlander 1 (probably the music from Queen made them tolerable)

Fobidden Planet is a classic. Very watchable.

Last edited:
Never saw Joe 90 or Terrahawks or Drake 7. But UFO was great fun, what they thought 1980 would look like in 1970 was funny to look at in hindsight.

I still want a Nehru Jacket.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Well then, that's no fair. We said good, no great Sci-Fi's.

Man, I know we had come up with the name of that movie I wanna get but I can't find it now. It's old too. From the 60s.

It starts off with a ball of light coming down from the sky and it goes into this guy's ear. Then he has powers of ESP & hypnotism. Well, they trap him in some sort of chamber and cut off the oxygen and he passes out. They weren't there to see it but this gook came out his ear. Later they saw him laying there so they opened the chamber and the gook turned back into a ball of light and took off out the door and into the clouds.

Later, this flying saucer lands in the desert unseen and builds a giant robot. The next day they had noticed it but it was not moving. It was real tall, maybe 20 stories. So a helicopter goes and lands on it's shoulder and they get out and are checking it out and radioing in. Suddenly the head of the robot starts to rotate to one side. Well they jump back in that helicopter and get the hell out of there!

So later this thing is walking around trashing power lines & stuff, leaving behind a trail of fires and wreckage so they bring in the military and start blasting it with everything they got. Well, nothin' works so they bring in a B-52 bomber and nuke it. As the mushroom cloud is rising in the air, all of the sudden it starts reversing back into the giant robot. When the smoke clears this robot is about 3 or 4 times larger than it was before.

Anybody know the name of that one? I haven't see it since I was a kid and I want to get that one if I can find it.

Thanks, SV

Nobody knows the name of my movie? :(

I've tried to think of anything even similar ? I used to see a lot of stuff like that when I was a kid but can't come up with anything.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back