Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favorite SciFi's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never liked Alien. I can't stand movies where the cast is forced to act dumb and unaware of dangers around them. It makes me want to smack the actor(s) upside their heads and point out to them that you don't go walking into a dark tunnel with a pistol and an intermittent flashlight that has a creature(s) who have been killing humans like they were ants.

Now Predator 1 and Alien vs Predator were quite good. The Terminator series was good as well. So was all the Matrix series.

I liked the Farscape series myself The majority or the episodes were well written and just future techie enough to make a person think about how to make some of that stuff real.

For Sci Fi Books 'Creature From The Deep' still holds strong favor with me. It was sort of a swamp man crossed with long lost atlantian super science.
I highly recommend it.
The title does not do the book justice. I almost skipped reading it just be cause the cover and title made it look like another lame swamp creature horror novel. But in reality its not even close! The creature is really an atlantian that was in suspended animation for a lost amount of time.
I would like to see it make into a movie some day.

So was all the Matrix series.

This sentence is at least 33% correct and at most 66%. Whatever it is, it is definately 33% incorrect.

Odd that can't think of any favorite Sci-Fi movies...they come and go for me. It's tough for me to pick movies. It's easier for me to pick back stories. Terminator is one of the good ones Matrix too. And Star Wars. Execution, on the other hand, can be a different story.

It's the cutesy children movies that stick with me.

Last edited:
"Blade Runner" is up there with my all-time favorites. "The Prestige" was a great flick, had Bowie as Tesla. The original "Planet of the Apes" was awesome, the remake is a fine comedy if you get good and stoned first.

I want more movies with Tesla as a super-hero, like in the graphic novel "Five Fists of Science" or one of Spider Robinson's "Callahan's Saloon" novels.

Last edited:
This sentence is at least 33% correct and at most 66%. Whatever it is, it is definately 33% incorrect.

Odd that can't think of any favorite Sci-Fi movies...they come and go for me. It's tough for me to pick movies. It's easier for me to pick back stories. Terminator is one of the good ones Matrix too. And Star Wars. Execution, on the other hand, can be a different story.

It's the cutesy children movies that stick with me.

If you are trying to be a grammar Nazi, let me be the first to throw stones at your glass house! Or were you partially agreeing with me instead? Usually my grammar is substantially better than what I earlier typed ... it must have been a lazy moment for me.

I think he was saying that only the first movie was any good. I'm not sure which of the two sequels he also liked.

Definately not the one that had that rave/sex scene for like 10 freakin minutes that served no purpose to the story whatsoever.

I've been watching the original "Outer Limits" series - it's not as bad as I remember.

If anyone hasn't seen the "Battlestar Galactica" remake - watch it. Best science fiction TV series ever.

The new Dr. Who has been terrific. "Silence in the Library" is my new all-time favorite Dr. Who episode.

If anyone hasn't seen the "Battlestar Galactica" remake - watch it. Best science fiction TV series ever.

I loved the new BSG series right up until the end. Unfortunately it showed the problem with not having the story arc worked out beforehand. They were doing so well with this series and then had this horribly contrived, rushed ending which explained nothing and almost wrecked the whole thing for me.

I wouldn't have felt so let down if the rest of the series hadn't been so damn good though.

Torben

I like most Sci Fi series and movies but I just could not get into BSG. It just rubbed me the wrong way with too much drama and suspense. Some of the characters just made me want to smack them with a board the few episodes that I was able to watch without finding something else on another channel.:(

I liked the new Doctor Who series as well but the story lines for some of the episodes were too chopped and compacted (americanized). I felt that about 1/3 of them could have been far better as two part episodes with more defined story lines or plot expansions.:(
I always loved the sonic screwdriver in the old series but it got used to much to push the story lines along by being the cure all fix to too many situations. It felt like a writers crutch for getting out of having to think up the classical Doctor type solutions to a problem.
The last Doctor (David Tennant) is my favorite and I rate him over Tom Baker and Peter Davison! And thats says a lot for his acting skills!:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back