Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

F84A simulation with MPLAB SIM 7.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

akg

Hello all

I'm a newbie the pic programming field ..i was just tring to test a piece of f84a code in the simulator to check its functions and so.. i found that i can change the values of register during the simulation..except for PORTA/B even if it in input mode.. is there any something wrong ?.How to simulate an input in the ports.. also bsf PORTA,0 also didn't set the bit.

Further ..i have got many ckts fro programming the PIC. and s/w also.. like JDm,AN589 ,Ic-proj,winpic etc..which is the best in ur opnion

Thanks in advance
Akg

In MPLAB there is a thing called "Input Stimulus" that allows you to simulate digital inputs. The PIN HAS to be in input mode to be setable/clearable from MPLAB, you can't use BCF/BSF instructions beacuse these are for setting/clearnig output pins, not input ones.

Question about Programmer SW and HW is hard and you will get many answers. I preffer JDM+Ic-prog for simplicity.

akg said:
Further ..i have got many ckts fro programming the PIC. and s/w also.. like JDm,AN589 ,Ic-proj,winpic etc..which is the best in ur opnion

Although my first programmer is JDM, I would not recommend anyone to build it first because there are so many external factors that can make the JDM not working properly. People blame JDM but it is really factors like serial port current and voltage not being able to power the PIC properly.

My recommendation would be P16PRO40 with WinPicProg.

Possible limitations

Just in case, for whatever PIC you use, :idea: first check the limitations, basically, what is NOT simulated.

I don't know for that specific PIC but, could be your case :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back