Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Expenential decay linearizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
mahfuzmatyaacob said:
Linearized ramp is to be used as a test fixture in embedded A/D test. That is why it need to be converted from exponential decay voltage (capacitor discharge to be exact). So, the circuit its just a converter, converting the exponential to linear ramp, so that it can be use in A/D testing.
I thought you were working on some sort of school assignment, where the goal was to linearize an exponential ramp. Now you say it is just for A/D testing!
So why can't you use a current source charging (or discharging) a capacitor, which generates a linear ramp you can use for A/D testing? I have done this. it works.

Possibly becuase a fixation on a particular solution inhibits clear thinking and thoughtful consideration. But what do I know I'm just a graduate engineer sloping into retirement.

Papabravo said:
Possibly becuase a fixation on a particular solution inhibits clear thinking and thoughtful consideration. But what do I know I'm just a graduate engineer sloping into retirement.

hi,
As you say, its a case of 'thinking inside the box'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back