Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one-shot ramp with voltage control of decay rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjel

I am looking for a relatively low part circuit that would produce one-shot ramps (downward) and the decay rate can be voltage controlled. This would essentially be a voltage controlled decay envelope.

Is there maybe something 555 based that is suitable?

Ramp voltage? Rate? Duration? Load? Linearity? Tolerance? Trigger?

Last edited:
Ramp voltage? Rate? Duration? Load? Linearity? Tolerance? Trigger?

-voltage would be peak of 5v.
-duration (set by timing cap surely) would be min 0.5ms max. 10s
-exponential or linear decay
-tolerance? not sure...
-load not important (I will buffer this voltage)
-Trigger: 5V trigger pulse to initiate the decay envelope.

What is your supply voltage?

-duration (set by timing cap surely) would be min 0.5ms max. 10s
Do you need the full 0.5ms to 10s variation solely using the control voltage with no range switching? That's a large range (20,000:1) to vary without range switching.

I was going to ask the same question :). Doing it without range switching, in the analogue domain, would be extremely difficult to achieve with any degree of accuracy or repeatability. Have you considered a digital approach (A/D, MCU, D/A)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back