Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ever been robbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sucks!!!!!!! if he's breaking into your house, i think you should have the right to hurt him, even if it's just to get the gun or whatever out of his hand:mad:

things said:
that sucks!!!!!!! if he's breaking into your house, i think you should have the right to hurt him, even if it's just to get the gun or whatever out of his hand:mad:

The martial arts perspective is simply to survive at all costs, it's much easier to argue in court than from a slab in the morque!.

If in doubt, go and dump the body somewhere, and clean up any mess! :D

that's a good way to do it:D :D :D

Two quick "theft" stories:

1. Visited NewYork City with a group of cyclists. Plan was to cycle the entire city and then return by rail. I decided to try a novel approach. Rather than bring along my expensive bike as the others did, I brought a very crappy clunker (like a Huffy). When we were about to board the train, I left my bike leaning against a parking meter. In less then 5 minutes it was stolen and we had a good laugh.... the Big Apple certainly didn't let us down! I adjusted the rear derailleur to throw the chain in between the spokes and the large gear when the thief would shift lodging the wheel and likely damage things further. LOLOL!

2. 20 years ago in my town, a sewer plant worker stole copper pipes from his plant. He even went as far as to remove piping that was processing sewage!!!! Area residents were all up in arms over the unusual stench that took place. He was fined and jailed!! Now there's a Darwin Awardee!

Nigel Goodwin said:
The martial arts perspective is simply to survive at all costs, it's much easier to argue in court than from a slab in the morque!.

If in doubt, go and dump the body somewhere, and clean up any mess! :D

Actually Nigel, your advice is not quite squeaky clean there (excuse the pun). If the forensics end up around your house the last thing you'll have wanted to do is clean up the mess. Forensic Science is very advanced and, especially in a clean environment, they can find evidence that you can't even see. A single strand of hair, a molecule of blood, DNA... you name it.

Now, if you were to pollute the entire area with lots of other evidence, like germs and dirt and trash, decaying food etc etc they'll have a real hard time finding any evidence to attack you with then! They just won't be able to distinguish between relevant evidence and non-relevant evidence.

But I'm not an expert, honestly. Ahem...

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
Actually Nigel, your advice is not quite squeaky clean there (excuse the pun). If the forensics end up around your house the last thing you'll have wanted to do is clean up the mess. Forensic Science is very advanced and, especially in a clean environment, they can find evidence that you can't even see. A single strand of hair, a molecule of blood, DNA... you name it.

My daughter is actually considering forensics as a career, she did a couple of courses while at school - one was in school (during the summer holidays), where they were taught fingerprint techniques and blood work, a year or two later she did a DNA course at Sheffield University, where they collected and analysed their own DNA - quite sweet, they came back with nice little glass necklaces with strands of their own DNA inside! :D

Now, if you were to pollute the entire area with lots of other evidence, like germs and dirt and trash, decaying food etc etc they'll have a real hard time finding any evidence to attack you with then! They just won't be able to distinguish between relevant evidence and non-relevant evidence.

That sounds like my house! :p

I like the way you think Hitech =) Thoug hyou can't win a Darwin award for not even being injured, that's just plain stupidity in action. Darwin awards are for the very elite of morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back