Evaluation Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta_213

Hi! I want to get basic information about evaluation boards. I am actually tasked to make a controller evaluation board using a Z8 encore microcontroller as the chip. I already have the chip, but I don't know where to start.

For a start look what evaluation boards are available, and what they include - then decide what features you would like on yours.

Not sure what you want to do, or why...

I never used an evaluation board, but understand the idea. Basically, you want to put everything a user might need to use and test various features on a single board. The kit should be a board, software, and cable to hookup to the computer.

Your board should have a means to program the chip (lot of people use evaluation boards as programmers). You need a power supply (voltage regulator), crystal oscillator likely a good idea. Headers and jumpers to configure various options. Inputs (push buttons), outputs (LEDs). And whatever you'll need to show that the Z8 Encore is a better choice then PIC (shouldn't be hard ) or AVR (good luck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…