Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Evaluation Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta_213

Hi! I want to get basic information about evaluation boards. I am actually tasked to make a controller evaluation board using a Z8 encore microcontroller as the chip. I already have the chip, but I don't know where to start.:confused:

Not sure what you want to do, or why...

I never used an evaluation board, but understand the idea. Basically, you want to put everything a user might need to use and test various features on a single board. The kit should be a board, software, and cable to hookup to the computer.

Your board should have a means to program the chip (lot of people use evaluation boards as programmers). You need a power supply (voltage regulator), crystal oscillator likely a good idea. Headers and jumpers to configure various options. Inputs (push buttons), outputs (LEDs). And whatever you'll need to show that the Z8 Encore is a better choice then PIC (shouldn't be hard :) ) or AVR (good luck).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back