Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO was my home..

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes please discontinue - if your doing through paypal or other, I would cancel there. ...

Thanks, MM. Will do. <EDIT> Done.

... We're looking into coding sidebar so when logged in, option to minimize.

Not sure what your saying here. Are you referring to the new ad sidebar? If so, that would be most welcome...

<EDIT> Never mind, just being dense...

Last edited:
Got to be the worst chirp I ever heard :facepalm:

ETO was never broken at anytime that I can remember from 2010 onwards...when I joined..
So, maintenance has never ever been an issue here, ever. ETO has always been a speedy site.

Improve?? Nah, does not cut it with me. Everything has worked well until well....you know...

You got the repair part right at least.

So, the Maintenance and Improve parts worry me......
Slower is better = Nah.

Regards,
tvtech

Had to move servers, please give us some time to optimize. Thanks

Had to move servers, please give us some time to optimize. Thanks

That's fine. Thank You for the reply.

Keep in touch. Very important to let people know what is happening...even if you are battling with stuff.

Easiest thing in the World...people kind of understand if you have dwang...and are nicer to you :)

A little tip from a Guy who has seen it all. Promise you.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Mine too:woot::woot::woot::woot:

And up to speed again. Truly wonderful.

And screaming along and truly responsive...ahhh, so good :):):)

I am so happy I feel like posting EVERYWHERE now.....LOL :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Looking better!

JimB

Looks great guys, nice work!

Hurrah! We have full screen-width again. Please keep it that way, guys (even if we have to suffer extra banner ads ;)).

Now if we could only get our governments to get things back on track so well, we would truly be doing great. :)

thanks strom! :)

edit: i meant strom, not storm....funny, when i google suzuki vstrom, i search vstorm!

Hi,

"strom" in German means "stream" or "river", but it's also the name of an asteroid found around 1995.

English speaking people want to swap the "r" and "o" so that it has more meaning to them, it's a hard habit to break.

I just found out about the new "ownership" today. What does that mean for the site in general?

Hi,

Ok, so DerStrom can mean "The current" too right?
What is the significance of the "8", anything or just to avoid conflict with another name?

For you, what does DerStrom8 refer to, anything interesting that made you choose that name?

Realistically... It shouldn't matter a jot!... IMHO

Hi,

Does this have something to do with the slowdown of posts? I noticed that when i post a reply, sometimes it takes an extremely long time, or so it seems, but really what is happening is it actually does post the reply but just never bothers to tell me it was done. This is a little strange because it makes you feel like you've got to post the reply again. If you do, it appears a second time because it already did the first time it just did not tell you it did so :)

Hi Mr Al

It is much quicker than a while ago (day or so)

Regards,
tvtech

Ian,
It should not matter, but, with a change in ownership there are changes, minor ones right now. I'm sure once they work out a few issues the ads will return.

After all, this site needs to pay for itself and make the owners money.

Some won't like the changes.

Hi,

Ok, so DerStrom can mean "The current" too right?
What is the significance of the "8", anything or just to avoid conflict with another name?

For you, what does DerStrom8 refer to, anything interesting that made you choose that name?

Yep, "der Strom" can in fact mean "The Current". The "8" is really just a randomly-chosen number. As a kid in school I was always doodling, and all my doodles seemed to turn into figure 8's. And, if you believe in astrology and all that superstition, apparently (and I didn't find this out until recently), 8 is actually my "birth number". Thought that was interesting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back