Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO was my home..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it Bob....congrats :)

I will certainly consider if things go well here:D

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
I found this advertisement while surfing this site ...

**broken link removed**

Can you figure out why one site is being advertised on the other and vice-versa?

We had a Ad Server issue today - so those have been pulled down.

Hello, MMatheson.

Always something of a concern whenever someone (something) takes over an entity that one has been a part of and contributed to with enthusiasm.

If I may ask, what are your plans for ETO?

CBB

I must say, since the transition took place I have seen quite an influx of new members, which is great! It's always good to see some new faces, so to speak.

Just thought I'd throw that out there :)

Matt

I must say, since the transition took place the site has been very slow. Also lots of double posts - is this because of the slow down?

Edit, seems to have gotten faster again.

Mike.

MMatheson,

I wasn't complaining about the advertisings per se. It was unusual for me to see that an advertisement for another forum within a competing forum with essentially the same target audience.

If I may ask, what are your plans for ETO?

CBB

cowboybob - in the short term we just made some obvious brand changes to header (minor) and replaced our ad server while migrating servers & then optimizing the databases, etc for speed and reliability. We considered converting to VBulletin, but for now we like the forum platform as-is and our intent is to grow the community, engagement and traffic here by cross promoting to the rest of the Design World network and adding tools and resources that would be of value to the community.

Other plans downline - we are looking at a content program from users on product reviews or application examples that could be posted on topics like micro controllers, sensors, analog design, DSP, etc

MMatheson:

The speed part didn't work. Xenforo has VB roots and formed by disgruntled VB employees.

I don't know anymore...I liked quick, fast ETO.

This one I see and experience now is a pain in the Butt... Ads or no Ads..I really don't like it.

So, I will go away until it is fixed...Properly...NOT PATCHED.

No clout here...just a Long time Member :banghead:

tvtech

yea losing 30% of the page JUST to read a thread goes beyond belief in sanity and for those of us that are bandwidth restricted it looks like where before one could browse this forum happily for hours now looks like it will rack up a heap of bandwidth.

I used to call this place home and for a few years been mainly read only, now with these changes looks like I'll be bowing out

I'm running Adblock Pro so I don't see any adverts. What I do see is a lot of new blank space on the pages.

Does sending me all that blank space take up bandwidth? :confused:

Personally I rather wish this was a magazine now. With all this new found blank space I and my daughter could go a little nuts with the crayons and not hurt anything!:woot:

MMatheson,

Thanks for the reply. I assume that the site is well heeled now and as such, no longer needs my financial support. In that vain, I would like to discontinue that support (unless I'm missing something). I'd like to do it gracefully rather than just put a stop to the credit card tap. How do I "un-support"?

To all: I can eliminate (as in hide) the ad bar (and its substantial white space) by reducing the width of my Mozilla window to about 60%, or so. Obviously, text windows are smaller but at least I'm not distracted (or annoyed) by the ads and the white space. Haven't tested this with graphics yet.

cowboybob - in the short term we just made some obvious brand changes to header (minor) and replaced our ad server while migrating servers & then optimizing the databases, etc for speed and reliability. We considered converting to VBulletin, but for now we like the forum platform as-is and our intent is to grow the community, engagement and traffic here by cross promoting to the rest of the Design World network and adding tools and resources that would be of value to the community.

Other plans downline - we are looking at a content program from users on product reviews or application examples that could be posted on topics like micro controllers, sensors, analog design, DSP, etc

Equivalent to repair something that was working OK.

Repairs.gif

Kind of weird (if not pathetic or ridiculous) reading a page squeezed nearly to 50%, which, of course, nobody is in the obligation to...

Always there is the chance to sing with her

and wave hands at the end, biding farewell too.

hi at,
Nice vid... many thanks.;)

Eric

MMatheson,

Thanks for the reply. I assume that the site is well heeled now and as such, no longer needs my financial support. In that vain, I would like to discontinue that support (unless I'm missing something). I'd like to do it gracefully rather than just put a stop to the credit card tap. How do I "un-support"?

To all: I can eliminate (as in hide) the ad bar (and its substantial white space) by reducing the width of my Mozilla window to about 60%, or so. Obviously, text windows are smaller but at least I'm not distracted (or annoyed) by the ads and the white space. Haven't tested this with graphics yet.

yes please discontinue - if your doing through paypal or other, I would cancel there. We're looking into coding sidebar so when logged in, option to minimize.

Maintenance & improve, not repair.

Got to be the worst chirp I ever heard :facepalm:

ETO was never broken at anytime that I can remember from 2010 onwards...when I joined..
So, maintenance has never ever been an issue here, ever. ETO has always been a speedy site.

Improve?? Nah, does not cut it with me. Everything has worked well until well....you know...

You got the repair part right at least.

So, the Maintenance and Improve parts worry me......
Slower is better = Nah.

Like tonight 3July 2014...complete with a slow site here @ 21H30....nothing happening. Dead as a doornail. Boring....

Faster, more replies from regulars here and a good old chat a while back. Now it appears..because the Site speed has gone to hell....nothing.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back