Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESR Capacitor tester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly looks like that project is well worth the time, but instead of an analog display you might find a digital one more satisfactory.

Austin

True, but haven't been able to find many on the web. There is one from Elektor magazine that I found, but uses a double sided board and a lot more work.

If you don't need the precision of a digital readout, an analog readout is generally easier to read and observe trends. Since you usually aren't interested in high accuracy in measuring ESR, I would stay with the analog readout.

Yes you could still go with an analog display if that would make things easier for you; but to truly get the most accurate reading possible a digital display is the way to go.

Austin

Last edited:
Accuracy is sometimes overrated.

Just need to find aa source for a cheap 50ua meter. Not cheap if buying from the major retailers like newark or digikey. I suppose I could connect the output to my dvm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back